Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....we finally got some....

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....we finally got some....

Postby surf_ox » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:01 pm

went out this am and got 2 greenheads and one gadwall....not bad for a quick hunt.....

the greenheads were definitely not from around here.....saw lots of other mallards waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up there...but weren't interested in decoys or listening to calls.....

good to see some fresh birds around here...
Is a frustrated hunter swinging a canoe paddle after sunset at a fall teal breaking any laws?
surf_ox
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:54 pm

Congrats lucky you :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Record flooding for season's closing

Postby Poke Boater » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:58 am

surf ox,

:thumbsup: Good shooting.

Did you use your new homemade boat blind? I've been enjoying my wife's duck stew.

With the White, Wabash, and Patoka rivers flooding the acres would approach 50,000. :eek:

The Warrenton Pilot's fuel island this AM was busy with waterfowlers gassing their rigs for the day's hunt.

The tempuratures for the next few days will be above normal. I hope safe boating in all that cold water will be adheared to.

The Mackey Bend hunter tragedy comes to mind. :thumbsdown:

Be safe out on the big waters, may see you there.

PB
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby surf_ox » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:52 am

homade job works great....its a real solid simple design....i'm real pleased how it turned out.....now were just tweaking things everytime we go out....xtra seats...xtra weights for when the wind is about 10-14 to hold the cammo down.....works great in snakey point.....the couple of ducks we've gotten dropped right in and didn't flare at all to the blinded boat...

doing some tweaking this pm after work....remember propane...were still busy....

going out tomorrow am.....then a big adventure on the white river on monday....we have to go to dodge city to secure some tanks from floating off.....

see ya
Is a frustrated hunter swinging a canoe paddle after sunset at a fall teal breaking any laws?
surf_ox
hunter

Postby e'villeduck » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:56 am

Good to here. Be careful on the rivers ya. They are rough and dangerous right now.
Time is of the essence, don't waste it.
e'villeduck
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:30 pm

You should see all the canada geese that are here, more than i see in ND and we cant even hunt them :thumbsdown:
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting