Cherokee Sports Texas rigs

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Cherokee Sports Texas rigs

Postby chevyobsession » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm

I picked up a 12 pack of the 36" Texas rigs at Walmart for $11. The weight is a little bag filled with sand or something. They seem kinda light but they worked tonight with no wind. I will try and get them out in the wind next time and see how they work. Set up took minutes as well as picking up. The bags don't seem like they will scratch or chip the paint when carrying in or out of the marsh. Anyone else used these?
Last edited by chevyobsession on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
chevyobsession
hunter

Re: Cherokee Sports Texas rigs

Postby chevyobsession » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 am

Well so far I have only used these a handful of times and no really windy conditions. But I hunted last Sunday in a 10-15mph wind and they held just fine. Besides making your own I think these are the cheapest way to go. I'm not sure what the price is regularly but I got my 2 dozen for $11 a dozen on sale at Walmart.
chevyobsession
hunter

Re: Cherokee Sports Texas rigs

Postby neon58 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:09 pm

I have you used a couple doz of these for 2-3 seasons and I really like them. Had a couple of the bags break but overall have held up far far better than I expected. I simply cut the the broken bags of and crimped a bank sinker in its place which what I had planned to do anyway as I also got mine in the clearance rack at walmart. :thumbsup:
neon58
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum