Godevil shaft question

If you have any DHC SITE, FORUMS, or LOGGING IN issues or general computer problems, please post them here.

Godevil shaft question

Postby 95SlowBra » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm

I recently took apart my go-devil shaft, for the first time, that I had bought last year. I noticed that the bottom seal (bushing?) was broken and water was slowing getting in along with weeds sucking in. My grease was watery and such. Would it be alright to change out the bushing for sealed bearings? The OD and ID is a perfect for the shaft and the frame. Would this work? any other suggestions? Can I put sealed bearings on both the top and the bottom of the frame?
Thanks
95SlowBra
Newb

Re: Godevil shaft question

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm

I would think that would work better. :thumbsup:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby gearhead80 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 am

I believe go-devil actually has an "upgrade kit" for what you are looking for. I'd check with them. I looked at places for a bearing like you are talking about and came up with nothing. If you find one please post because it would be helpful.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby LotToLearn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:37 am

Hey Gearhead80. It's 95's buddy here and what we ended up doing was using 2 sealed bearings that are made for go karts. We just widened out the old thread-o-let bushings with a step drill bit to the OD of the bearing or close to it to push the bearing in. We then heated us the thread-o-let and cooled the bearing to press it in. When putting it on the shaft, we just used red loctite and it's been working perfect ever since.
LotToLearn
Newb

Return to Duckhuntingchat.com Site Issues Forum