Ridgefield Refuge Opening Day???

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Ridgefield Refuge Opening Day???

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 am

I was wondering if anyone drew Ridgefield Refuge for the opener? You may want to check to see if they will even be open due to the federal shut down? They may have it gated.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Re: Ridgefield Refuge Opening Day???

Postby cackiller » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 am

My dad drew #12 on opening day and the refuge is closed.
cackiller
hunter

Postby goosegunner12 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:39 am

I have a friend and his son who are first time hunters this year, got the kid out on the youth weekend, but looks like my buddy may have to wait for his first hunt. They drew a 15 pick for the opener and I was gonna accompany them, and show them the refuge game. Tealer has a #1 for 10/15 and I drew #2 for 10/19. looks like it could be a crappy start to the season.
goosegunner12
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Well the good/bad news is the government has to figure it out by the 17th That's the good news. The bad news, if they don't the federal government will default and we will have MUCH larger problems on our hands then not being able to hunt federal lands. So I'm praying for the best expecting the worse! Im not a doomsdayer but Better start stocking up on ammo just in case fecal matter hits the fan with this whole deal, if everything is peachy you will have a plentiful ammo supply :smile:
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting