Added awesome New Call

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Added awesome New Call

Postby ryangar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:23 am

Just picked up my New Era "Double Banded" single reed call up from Greg.
This call not only looks sweet but sounds even better than it looks! Looking forward
To getting another call from him and to use it this weekend! Thanks Greg!
Attachments
image.jpg
ryangar
hunter

Re: Added awesome New Call

Postby randy marci » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:40 am

Very nice :thumbsup: I just picked one up from him myself and gotta say that I am very happy with it. gonna give it a proper in the field test run shortly.
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby TexasMallard10 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:42 pm

I work with Greg he is a great guy and the new era calls sound great. Had a guy I was hunting with Saturday blow the duck wild and it made the different in a good hunt and a great hunt!
TexasMallard10
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 pm

ryangar wrote:Just picked up my New Era "Double Banded" single reed call up from Greg.
This call not only looks sweet but sounds even better than it looks! Looking forward
To getting another call from him and to use it this weekend! Thanks Greg!

Looks awesome! Where can you get one? Thanks for posting the advertisement Ryan. :thumbsup: You are a Pro staffer correct?
KHerbst
hunter

Postby sfmember1122 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Took my Double Bander and DuckWild up to colorado to hunt Monday and Tuesday, they sounded awesome. Daylight was 24 degrees and calls ran all morning with zero stick. Great calls!
sfmember1122
Newb

Postby ryangar » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 am

No Kevin I am not a Pro Staffer just a supporter of a awesome call.

Ryan.
ryangar
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:38 pm

ryangar wrote:No Kevin I am not a Pro Staffer just a supporter of a awesome call.

Ryan.

:thumbsup: Gotcha----Guess your pal Coco got this one wrong- "New Era Championship Calls Team, Greg Daniel and Ryan Garrett of Albuquerque"
KHerbst
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Ouch...
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Postby B.E.Nelli » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:12 pm

KHerbst wrote:
ryangar wrote:No Kevin I am not a Pro Staffer just a supporter of a awesome call.

Ryan.

:thumbsup: Gotcha----Guess your pal Coco got this one wrong- "New Era Championship Calls Team, Greg Daniel and Ryan Garrett of Albuquerque"

Aaaaaand BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 pm

So I guess now instead of actually helping Greg out, you just convinced everyone that his pro staff is full of liars...I'm sure he's thankful, and you'll be getting another free call soon.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby jayclarkie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 am

it's called humility...
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am

Humility? How so? He is just givin a plug for a call that he gets for free, and when straight up asked about it he lied. Lol that's not humility.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby jayclarkie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:26 am

Professional: 1. of, relating to, or connected with a profession. 2. (of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main occupation, rather than a pastime.

Perhaps he just gets hooked up, and is considered a part of the team; which would really make him more of a "sponsored am" rather than a "pro staffer" Now if they send him a check when they send him a call...then he certainly would be considered a "pro staffer" I personally don't see the need to chastise him for downplaying his role or position, in my opinion he was just being modest and humble, which actually is in fact humility.
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Professional?? Hardly!!! Would a free call be considered payment for a Staffer? Or 5-6 calls that have never been returned! Lend 1 grant to (someone) the use of (something) on the understanding that it shall be returned.
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:05 am

KHerbst wrote:

Ryan.

Two names on their whole team...highly doubt he's just an amateur with one free call. Don't have an issue with him pitting a plug out there for the call. That's hos job as a pro staffer. But don't blatantly lie about it when confronted to try to make the post seem more legit! Be a man and speak up and say yeah, I'm on their team.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby ryangar » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Ok, so let's clear the air. I paid for my New Era call. Yes I did use one of Greg's call
In the 2 man Team Compitition at the State Contest as well as I Competed with another
Local call maker, and yes I used his call that he made and that I currently own. Greg, the owner of New Era calls does not
have a Pro Staff.
ryangar
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Sorry I stepped away on a fishing trip.......also to be clear. I was being sincere.....the call seen in the picture above looks really cool. Not sure if that is Ryan's or not, but I like the Double Bander concept with banding on the top and barrel. I'd like to have on e for my collection.

You all know I have made calls for years and Greg and I were partners. I'd like to think some of the items I learned from great call makers and passed to Greg show up in his recent designs and concepts......we all learn from each other.

It's a tough time to get into call making with a new "custom call maker" popping up every day. It's scary!!!!! I wish Greg and New Era best of luck, he was always creative and his recent calls seem to follow.

As for the rest, Ryan's post....Team Member- Prostaff ect dunno.......we were all mislead with that I guess? If he is a Team Member he would be spamming?.... If he is not then it is just a shout out for a good call. Hell once I get one you might see me posting up, I would be careful not to use a professional picture though. Maybe just a picture with a large pile of green heads. :thumbsup:

Alright y'all lets let this one die.

KLH
KHerbst
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting