How's the hunting been in NoDak?

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

How's the hunting been in NoDak?

Postby cajuncade » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Any field reports, on birds, from North Dakota hunters?
cajuncade
Newb

Re: How's the hunting been in NoDak?

Postby tbossart » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:56 am

Sure...as far as my group can tell..there are about 24 to 30 less ducks around every time we get out of the fields for the day...hahahaha. Seriously, its been a soild first three weeks. I am hunting south central area, so no news on any migrations so to speak as of yet...been too awarm and too early.
tbossart
hunter

Postby cajuncade » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you are having some success in the field. I've been watching the weather and have noticed it's been a tad warm up there.
We are heading that way, from south Louisiana, on Tuesday. Will probably hunt North central area.
cajuncade
Newb

Postby tbossart » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:19 am

cajuncade wrote:Thanks for the update. Good to hear you are having some success in the field. I've been watching the weather and have noticed it's been a tad warm up there.
We are heading that way, from south Louisiana, on Tuesday. Will probably hunt North central area.

Getting much colder now. Rained a ton last weekend and thats goning to slow the end of bean harvest and maybe delay start of corn. I have hunted south central and its been excellent in the fileds for sure. If ya dont have one, I reccommend a high lift jack, something to set it on, like a couple hunks of 2x6 and a good tow strap. Its wet and ya dont want to get centered up with no way to solve that issue...ya know? Have a great time and good luck!
tbossart
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 am

My group will be heading up on the 26th. Hopefully that will be good timing (sounds like it will be).
BKScripto
hunter

Postby tbossart » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 am

yep, as good as any, and likely damn close to the first push outta the great white north . Hope by then we can hunt some harvested corn for sure. Gona depend on the weather as far as rain really. Good luck.
tbossart
hunter

Postby cajuncade » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks for the tips, we will definitely have emergency equipment and tools. this will be our 5th year heading up there and it's always been a blast. Looking forward to it. Hopefully they start the corn harvest while we are up there. (18th thru 26th).
cajuncade
Newb

Postby MNBillBlaster-r-r » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:22 am

In DL area now, definitely ducks around. Had our limit well before 9 am today! We had 30MPH winds rain, what dreams are made of! We had a mix bag of bills, bufflez, shovz, BWT, and woodies today! Nothing like morning woodies in the duck blind! The dog was putting in work today boy! Hopefully tomorrow can get in our Mallard honey hole, hit it yesterday and paid off in curls!, hopefully tomorrow is the same! Good luck and shoot straight!
We'll drop the dog of at I-Falls and run him to Baudette. Then, he'll be ready to hunt.
MNBillBlaster-r-r
hunter

Postby cajuncade » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a great morning to me! Good luck tomorrow and stay safe! We'll be up there in 6 days, save a few birds for us , LOL.
cajuncade
Newb

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting