Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck clubs near St. Louis

10K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  BigAL64 
#1 ·
I have been duck hunting for a while now and I am interested in exploring waterfowl/duck club options near St. Louis or the St. Charles Missouri River confluence area.

Does anyone have any advice or know of any good clubs? cost? etc?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Welcome to the chat board!

Few really quick thoughts:

1. I don't know if this is possible (moderators maybe you could help?) but go back to old posts here in the forum that address this question specifically. Shuffle through A LOT of bs in the answers and you may get some helpful information from there. I've been on this forum for a year now and I think this is tthe 10th time this question has come up. Heck, try Googling your post title followed by duck hunting chat and you may get to the old posts I was referring too.

2. Its a little late in the year (what three and a half weeks till middle zone opens) to be looking at clubs. IMHO if there are still spots open at these clubs I would be taking a real hard look at their harvest records over the past 5-10 years. A great time to look would be early spring/summer. I dunno - maybe someone else has a better idea to when to look than I. Im just a poor boy and never really looked into hunting clubs as a way to hunt. Plenty of areas around that arent a club or duck park. just gotta hunt them out. I figure with gas and driving around looking for spots im still ahead on the 3k it would cost to join a club in that area.

3. If money is no option disregard the preceding comment. The St. Louis/St Chuck hunting areas will not be ideal this fall. The Mississippi and Missouri experienced some major flooding in June (into July) and I am all but certain a lot of clubs had to have had a hard time getting crops in (since thats mainly what your paying to hunt in at a club). I am no farmer so I dont know that whole process but CB is still a mess from the flood and they have virtually no crops out this year. I know the confluence area was hit really hard this summer with the flooding.

I am sure these clubs in the area you are talking will kill ducks and have a great time. But i cant imagine its going to be crazy awesome record kill for clubs around that area. again IMHO save your money till next year and you can do some homework and find a place that fits what your looking for. Hunt the CA's hell you are already paying for them might as well use them

happy hunting and enjoy the comedy that will ensue as you stay on this forum throughout the season and offseason

#3 ·
Like the previous guys posted that we are only 3 weeks away from season but the closest 2 clubs around where I hunt are Northwinds Duck Club (Buzzy Klines place) and the Golden Eagle Hunt Club. But in the St. Charles river bottoms duck clubs are a dime a dozen. Go down Hwy B and just check out all the duck clubs out and maybe you can find an opening.

#4 ·
matt9966 said:
Welcome to the chat board!

Few really quick thoughts:

1. I don't know if this is possible (moderators maybe you could help?) but go back to old posts here in the forum that address this question specifically. Shuffle through A LOT of bs in the answers and you may get some helpful information from there. I've been on this forum for a year now and I think this is tthe 10th time this question has come up. Heck, try Googling your post title followed by duck hunting chat and you may get to the old posts I was referring too.
It's definitely possible, and as much as I'd like to crush the guy for not using the search function, there are no good responses to these club threads. They always end up in "PM sent" or have no replies. Clubs (good ones) are not easy to get information on, let alone joining one. One could probably count on one hand how many clubs are made "public" from the west side of the state. The only ones that have accessible websites are Mudhole and Napier. Now, I realize these are western MO duck clubs, I just don't know too much about the east side clubs. :beer:

#11 ·
I couldn't agree more. And to add....better the club, harder to get in and usually cost a great deal more. Some great clubs are near impossible to get into. I say start saving money cuz you will need that no matter what but work your way thru the bottom level ones and maybe someday someone will invite you to a top tier place or have lots of money now and know someone who will invite you to a big place right away(usually thinking you'll pay and not hunt so they can enjoy the place alone).

There's something wrong with every place in one way or another. Just find the right fit for you if it works out good. I like options so I club it whenever I get invites and work hard to find places to go whwnever possible(public and private).

#12 ·
I couldn't agree more. And to add....better the club, harder to get in and usually cost a great deal more. Some great clubs are near impossible to get into. I say start saving money cuz you will need that no matter what but work your way thru the bottom level ones and maybe someday someone will invite you to a top tier place or have lots of money now and know someone who will invite you to a big place right away(usually thinking you'll pay and not hunt so they can enjoy the place alone).

There's something wrong with every place in one way or another. Just find the right fit for you if it works out good. I like options so I club it whenever I get invites and work hard to find places to go whwnever possible(public and private).

#17 ·
iamduckhead said:
BigAL64 said:
iamduckhead said:
you should be careful when you throw that phrase around. :fingerpt:
I know because I am one!! LOL!! :tongue:
no your not, you gradjeeated
1. u have a gun
2. u have decoys
3. u unfortunately have a duck call :crying:
4. u have idiots to hunt with
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes this is true!!I have decoys.I have several guns and several duck calls!! I am getting better at NOT blowing them!!LOL!! And yes I have idiots to hunt with. You being the main idiot I hunt with!!! :yes: :lol3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.