Green head Mallard Decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Green head Mallard Decoys

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:15 pm

Ok duckhunters, i want to make sure i was not the only one who is un-satisfied with the green head mallard decoys with the snap lock keel. They already started to chip worse than ANY other decoy i have ever had. Even though they were cheap, I still would never imagine that a person would sell a decoy that would chip after the first DAY of duck hunting. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROB?????
Thanks
Dont under estimate illinois duck hunters
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby Mallyard » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:57 pm

Contact greenhead gear, they will send you new deeks with new paint/ or give you your money back, they have great service. They sold several hundred dozen decoys this year that had faulty paint. They have now corrected the problem and are making it right. I bought some of their widgion decoys and can't scrape the paint off with a pocket knife... Tough stuff... So just give them a call and they'll take care of you.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Darren » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:28 pm

I had the same problem with their bluebill decoys. The bluebills don't really seem to give darn though, but I hate looking out on my spread and seeing decoys that look like they're shedding their skins. I'm going to see if I can get some replacements!
Darren
Newb

Postby Stretch » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:03 pm

I've seen threads like this on several forums , and saw replies from the owner of greenhead gear....The dude had problems with paint jobs when the decoys first came out but has been trying to fix it or has already fixed it and has replaced decoys for every unsatisified customer that has griped as far as I know...I have the wooducks and havent had a problem with them chipping so far... I didnt like the removable keel so I hot glued mine in....

Stretch
Stretch
hunter

Postby ifitflysitdies » Tue May 18, 2004 10:29 pm

Yeah, the first batches were bad but now they are fixed. They have some damn good looking decoys if you ask me. I'm going to lad up the cornfield with some of their full body geese this year.
Ducks are forever, Women are temporary!
ifitflysitdies
hunter

Postby JTduckhunter » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:10 pm

I loved my GHG's all of mine that i bought this year held up better than any other decoys ive ever bought in the past used them all season and never saw any sign of paint chipping.
JTduckhunter
Newb

Postby gotduck68415 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:05 pm

I got some Blue Wing Teal and the drakes peeled a little, but the hens are just fine.I glued my keels as well, best thing i did to them.
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby texan68 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:37 pm

had same prob with their greenwings
texan68
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum