Duck Hunting Forum banner

Recomendation on Delrin Single Reed

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  callinfowl 
#1 ·
I've been looking at some of the more inexpensive call offerings out there and was hoping for some recomendations on an inexpensvie delrin single reed. I've never tried a delrin call before and would look to give one a try. I was just hoping to hear some recomendations people might have on different ones!

#12 ·
mayhem96 said:
jrode237 said:
Absolutely could not stander delrin for calls until I tried a DRC Rev. That call will flat out get after it. Loud and an absolutley great feed in it.
This was the absolute opposite for me. The only thing I liked in the one I ran was the low end whines and feed. The one I blew didn't have a bit of top end in it.
Did you tune it for yourself? It's a mainstreet comp call in delrin. Yeah, it still isn't as crisp as acrylic, but the one I have gets plenty loud.

#14 ·
jrode237 said:
mayhem96 said:
jrode237 said:
Absolutely could not stander delrin for calls until I tried a DRC Rev. That call will flat out get after it. Loud and an absolutley great feed in it.
This was the absolute opposite for me. The only thing I liked in the one I ran was the low end whines and feed. The one I blew didn't have a bit of top end in it.
Did you tune it for yourself? It's a mainstreet comp call in delrin. Yeah, it still isn't as crisp as acrylic, but the one I have gets plenty loud.
No...probably should have but it was still set up pretty close to how I run a call. Mainstreet comp. call? Really? Maybe I will have to give them a second chance :thumbsup:

#15 ·
mayhem96 said:
jrode237 said:
mayhem96 said:
jrode237 said:
No...probably should have but it was still set up pretty close to how I run a call. Mainstreet comp. call? Really? Maybe I will have to give them a second chance :thumbsup:
I am almost positive DRC's owner has competed with it, along with a few others. Don't qoute me on that though......athough I do remember reading it on the internet so it must be true.

#19 ·
jrode237 said:
mayhem96 said:
jrode237 said:
mayhem96 said:
jrode237 said:
I am almost positive DRC's owner has competed with it, along with a few others. Don't qoute me on that though......athough I do remember reading it on the internet so it must be true.
Of course...they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. Just look at Wikipedia :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

#20 ·
cackiller said:
Rick,

I just emailed him. The price he quoted me was $55 which I thought was fair for an all delrin call. Most are $50 and have a poly insert that I've seen. If I can sell some other calls I"ll be picking one up for sure.
Just got a delrin Cadence Timber. Call is quickly becoming one of my favorites and I'm thinking about getting a delrin Closer. The calls tone is similar to wood but with all the advantages of acrylic. Lets see some pics when you get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.