Talk about early Pymatuning set-up

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Talk about early Pymatuning set-up

Postby Spunky » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Went to Pymatuning this morning to do some perch fishing. Saw 2 guys on an island setting out decoys and building up a brush blind while I was fishing. Guess they really wanted that spot. Did a little running around the north end of the lake and every bay was over grown with lilly pads and grass. Take a paddle or pole if your going up that end of the lake. Did catch 16 perch so the morning wasn't wasted.
Spunky
hunter

Re: Talk about early Pymatuning set-up

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Setting out the decoys now is a WEE bit extreme... personally wouldn't do that? I also wouldn't get there 2 days before... im die hard but to me that's just NUTS. 1 am is good enough for me... If not I don't have to have that spot lol.
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby 001kds » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:39 am

If they are on the lake that's a little risky. First that you are not permitted to camp overnight on the islands and two that somebody will steal their decoys if they aren't trying to camp the next two days. Guess they are trying to get a jump on all the duck dynasty guys.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:29 am

Everywhere is going to be more crowded now that Shenango and Woodcock are closed. Is Woodcock in the NW Zone? I've never hunted it that early.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Spunky » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 am

Yep Woodcock is in Crawford county. They were setting up on an island that is hunted very hard during the early season. Quite a few woodies and geese come through there. I know your not allowed to camp on the islands BUT they still do it. Take a fishing pole throw out the line and your fishing. Saw a couple of kayaks out on Shenango yesterday.
Spunky
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:24 am

I'm walking out at 6 am and setting up. 6 decoys and a white bucket.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:01 am

don taylor wrote:I'm walking out at 6 am and setting up. 6 decoys and a white bucket.

You won't be alone with that set up and arrival time.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 pm

vincentpa wrote:
don taylor wrote:I'm walking out at 6 am and setting up. 6 decoys and a white bucket.

You won't be alone with that set up and arrival time.

I'll be on Murder's Row" with several dozen geese & ducks, and my white bucket on a camo bucket. :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 pm

And this was the result:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting