THE ANTI DOG FORUM

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: THE ANTI DOG FORUM

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:26 pm

ByersFarm wrote:How do you stop one dog from pissing in someone's waders because you took another dog hunting?

dog crate...
Dog can't piss on waders or shells if he's in a crate. And since you guys are usually out of the field by 9am, he'll just get to sleep in and rest. :wink: :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:How do you stop one dog from pissing in someone's waders because you took another dog hunting?

dog crate...
Dog can't piss on waders or shells if he's in a crate. And since you guys are usually out of the field by 9am, he'll just get to sleep in and rest. :wink: :thumbsup:

I thought the point of the anti dog forum was to not give good advice. Now I don't know what to do.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:38 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

dog crate...

I thought the point of the anti dog forum was to not give good advice. Now I don't know what to do.

I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Underradar wrote:
LaRedneck wrote:FAIL

You are Arizona? You know nothing of ducks nor dogs. Go back to the Hunting Dog forum if you seek a pissing match.

Maybe not but I can build a plond
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

dog crate...

Good point.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Gunnysway wrote:

As long as their not your waders...

I wouldn't worry about it...

But you could try an ear pinch while holding down the continuous button on the remote(make sure it's on "lift off" or it will NOT work) all while yelling "BAD DOG... BAD DOG"!

Ok. What if said dog also pissed on a case of shells also?

Dog was just telling you not to use schitty shells....you obviously were shooting 10 ga hypersonics.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:24 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Anoldhuntersc wrote:Actually love "meat dogs". Had a black lab, Shadow, 12 years old that we buried last fall. RIP. hard headed as heck! Wouldn't sit at heel, wouldn't come half the time he was called,didn't know hand signals but when the guns went off, game on. Fetching machine! So many stories we talk about him. Hunting with a guide with him for 5/6 years. Buddy screamed all morning "control your dog" broke 4 dog clips 1 morning but fetched everything that hit water. Would retrieve 2 mallards at 1 time. Over and over. Caught chit about that too. Just said he smarter than you dogs only has to make 1/2 the retrieves to get same # of ducks. Seems pretty smart to me. Hunted his own way not perfect but damn I miss him. Got 3 year. lab now heels, comes when called, heels, don't break till sent, hand signals. Just not the same. But still a lot of fun.
My first Lab was named Blackie and sounds like he got reincarnated into Shadow. Did Shadow chit in your truck a lot? :yes:
Tear down blinds to get at the birds?
Did he dive underwater for birds too?

Great story by the way. :thumbsup:

Never chit in the truck. But stopped by Green Jeans on the river 1 morning, pulled up beside their boat. As they were checking guns,license,etc. Shadow jumps in their boat goes to the front and pisses couple gallons. as he is handing me back my stuff watching piss run through his legs. Shadow loads back up. We take off patted his head said now that's a good boy. He got by with what I would have like to have done many times!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:27 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Ok. What if said dog also pissed on a case of shells also?

Assa is telepathically communicating with that dog.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Catdaddy89 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Ill have you know I am enjoying this thread. Copperdick has already given me a lesson on genetics and I've only been in the dog forum one time! Jumping jahosefats
Catdaddy89
hunter

Postby FFT » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:43 pm

My dog refused to kennel up one day, i grabbed him so hard and fast that my middle finger went right up his ass. Now he wants to be picked up every time. Is he gay, or is it just me?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2
FFT
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:45 pm

FFT wrote:My dog refused to kennel up one day, i grabbed him so hard and fast that my middle finger went right up his ass. Now he wants to be picked up every time. Is he gay, or is it just me?

No, he's just trying to be understanding.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Gunnysway wrote:

But you could try an ear pinch while holding down the continuous button on the remote(make sure it's on "lift off" or it will NOT work) all while yelling "BAD DOG... BAD DOG"!

Swap 'em with your buddies or clients when they aren't lookin', and play dumb if they ask if you smell pi$$...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:50 pm

FFT wrote:My dog refused to kennel up one day, i grabbed him so hard and fast that my middle finger went right up his ass. Now he wants to be picked up every time. Is he gay, or is it just me?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

typical Beta behavior.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:01 pm

You do what ya got to do. Think all dogs have ghey tendencies Best way ever heard of make a dog jump in crate.
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:03 pm

gotta admit I usually don't come to the honey hole unless I'm bored, but glad I did this has made me laugh. Just got a shock collar for my little dog to correct him when he has selective hearing. Hopefully it doesn't make him go stiff as a board. But he is a tough little bastard so I'm sure he will be fine.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Anoldhuntersc wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Anoldhuntersc wrote:Actually love "meat dogs". Had a black lab, Shadow, 12 years old that we buried last fall. RIP. hard headed as heck! Wouldn't sit at heel, wouldn't come half the time he was called,didn't know hand signals but when the guns went off, game on. Fetching machine! So many stories we talk about him. Hunting with a guide with him for 5/6 years. Buddy screamed all morning "control your dog" broke 4 dog clips 1 morning but fetched everything that hit water. Would retrieve 2 mallards at 1 time. Over and over. Caught chit about that too. Just said he smarter than you dogs only has to make 1/2 the retrieves to get same # of ducks. Seems pretty smart to me. Hunted his own way not perfect but damn I miss him. Got 3 year. lab now heels, comes when called, heels, don't break till sent, hand signals. Just not the same. But still a lot of fun.
My first Lab was named Blackie and sounds like he got reincarnated into Shadow. Did Shadow chit in your truck a lot? :yes:
Tear down blinds to get at the birds?
Did he dive underwater for birds too?

Great story by the way. :thumbsup:

Never chit in the truck. But stopped by Green Jeans on the river 1 morning, pulled up beside their boat. As they were checking guns,license,etc. Shadow jumps in their boat goes to the front and pisses couple gallons. as he is handing me back my stuff watching piss run through his legs. Shadow loads back up. We take off patted his head said now that's a good boy. He got by with what I would have like to have done many times!

Now that you mention it, Blackie peed on ever game warden I ever got checked by.
Only happened three or four times....lol
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Gunnysway wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Gunnysway wrote:

Swap 'em with your buddies or clients when they aren't lookin', and play dumb if they ask if you smell pi$$...

It was difficult to be mad at him. He was so upset that my younger female dog was getting to work that I guess he was trying to stop us from going without him.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Gunnysway wrote:

Obviously, that dog just thinks a lot of stuff needs fixing. Leave him be- he's trying to help.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Bill Herian wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:Ok. What if said dog also pissed on a case of shells also?

Assa is telepathically communicating with that dog.

Dammit, Beel beat me to it.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Underradar » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1381542228393.jpg
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

dog crate...

Wondered the same thing.
I'd guess that UR is frustrated with the Dawg Forum for a reason- He came there for help and unfortunately, didn't get much.

Apparently his Lab is still digging up the dead Chessie buried years ago-
and re- buried again, and again, and again, and again(?), dunno'.

I'd hate to find the fact that small minds are easily amused would apply here. :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:09 am

UR....lay down on the couch. Tell us all about how you are feeling about this "dog forum" you are having issues with.
Doctor DHC...is in.
1381579715117.jpg
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:04 am

aunt betty wrote:UR....lay down on the couch. Tell us all about how you are feeling about this "dog forum" you are having issues with.
Doctor DHC...is in.
1381579715117.jpg

"No sorry UR- you're mistaken,..there are not any psychedelic images all over the couch."

"Go ahead and have a seat".
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:08 am

aunt betty wrote:UR....lay down on the couch. Tell us all about how you are feeling about this "dog forum" you are having issues with.
Doctor DHC...is in.
1381579715117.jpg

aunt betty wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:I still hate you, new Tapatalk. I still hate you so much.

Lie down on the couch and tell me how you feel about it. :biggrin:
Doctor Betty is in
1381234700045.jpg

I have the ugliest couch on the planet.
Free. Cant argue with free. :thumbsup:

I'm noticing a trend. Who's man enough to hop on the couch with betty?

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Gunnysway » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:18 am

I'm out (I say while holding my mangina...) :fingerpt:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole