Float Blind Stakes

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Re: Float Blind Stakes

Postby DUKSLAYA92 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:30 pm

yep-that's what I thought.

How's Walter doing? :hi:
DUKSLAYA92
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 pm

GOOD
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 pm

How are the Bobs doing?
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 pm

nickp9797 wrote:
gooosehunter wrote:The DGIF does not own barbors hill or false cape. It is owned by the Department of recreation and is used by the DGIF. DGIF uses the property at the pleasure of the Governor of VA. And oh by the way, the DGIF used to have blinds. They got away from them years ago. I hunted them with the guides they used to provide too. Dang, I am getting old.
I never said or claimed to be a "local" of Pungo. But I am more local that some ducktards from northern VA, Richmond or Front Royal. Does that clear it up for you pumpkin?

No need to go off and get your panties in a bunch. Just pointing out the fact that there are consequences intentional or unintentional to people actions and complaints in regards to hunting in back bay. The days of old are gone, whether we like it or not. Being proactive and making it tolerable for everyone should be the focus, because keeping people out isn't going to happen. And I guess my opinion matters too, because I'm as much of a local as you.

Correct Sir. Correct you are. Thank you for setting me straight. Same to you DuckSlayer.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby cbrtrvr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Not really sure why it matters if your a local or not. If your wrong your wrong. And there is a game warden here who will make sure you know it. I just wish they would inforce the camping out at the stakes. Who needs to be out there all night? And who needs a boat light up like a car so it looks like an interstate on the water?
cbrtrvr
hunter

Postby DUKSLAYA92 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 pm

gooosehunter wrote:How are the Bobs doing?

I have no idea what kind of goobly-goop you are talking about.
DUKSLAYA92
hunter

Postby Ruddy757 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:57 pm

First post, long time lurker.

It appears to me that goose hunter has alot of issues. That being said, its kind of refreshing to hear from duckslaya92 about the idea that some of the dumb moves on the wildlife areas are being made by the locals instead of those of us who have not lived thier entire lives in the same zipcode. :beer:
Ruddy757
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:33 am

cbrtrvr wrote:Not really sure why it matters if your a local or not. If your wrong your wrong. And there is a game warden here who will make sure you know it. I just wish they would inforce the camping out at the stakes. Who needs to be out there all night? And who needs a boat light up like a car so it looks like an interstate on the water?

X2 There is no one group to blame. Everyone is pretty much doing whatever they want down there. There is little regulation. Most people hate game wardens but I love them. I stand by the law and I am happy to see them regulate and enforce an area. Maybe we need to find a way to get more gw's in the area. I also think that there is a better system than not being at the blind stake till 5. THAT DOESNT WORK. There are easy ways around that such as just sitting 10 feet from it in the water. They cant stop me from doing that. Eitehr enforce a drawing like goes on in the regular season for october and teal or just let it be first come first serve oct and teal(which is pretty much is now). Back Bay is coming back, just need to regulate the hunters a little better.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:04 am

Ruddy757 wrote:First post, long time lurker.

It appears to me that goose hunter has alot of issues. That being said, its kind of refreshing to hear from duckslaya92 about the idea that some of the dumb moves on the wildlife areas are being made by the locals instead of those of us who have not lived thier entire lives in the same zipcode. :beer:

Yes, I may have many issues. I try each day to better myself and walk on the good side of life. Thank you for the encouragement.

It is refreshing to have people come in and change the way people have been hunting for over 100 years. Refreshing...not the word of choice by many. I have not lived my entire life in one zipcode either and I have also hunted all over the country. The last thing I do when VISITING somewhere is try and change their way of doing things. I learned and adapt to their way of doing things. I guess you are the same kind of people who think Spanish should be the natinal language of the United States. They come here and want to change our way of life too. Maybe, just maybe, traditions are a good thing. Or should I write this all in spanish since some believe the rest of the world should change to fit a small minority.

En español para usted señor
Sí, voy a tener muchos problemas. Trato cada día para mejorar mi persona y caminar en el lado bueno de la vida. Gracias por el ánimo que.

Es refrescante para que la gente venga y cambie la forma en la gente ha estado buscando desde hace más de 100 años. Actualizando ... no es la palabra elegida por muchos. No he vivido toda mi vida en un código postal bien y también he cazado en todo el país. La última cosa que hacer cuando se visita algún lugar es tratar de cambiar su forma de hacer las cosas. Aprendí y me adapto a su forma de hacer las cosas. Supongo que es el mismo tipo de gente que piensa español debe ser la lengua natinal de los Estados Unidos. Vienen aquí y quieren cambiar nuestro estilo de vida también. Tal vez, sólo tal vez, las tradiciones son una buena cosa. ¿O debería escribir todo esto en español, ya que algunos creen que el resto del mundo debe cambiar para adaptarse a una pequeña minoría
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:33 am

please no more Spanish. I have to deal with it non-stop down here. I'd like to be able to come to the VA forum and read english only please. :lol3:
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am

well goose obviously you jumped on the beaner wagon and learned the language,
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby bay gunner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 am

gooosehunter wrote:
Ruddy757 wrote:First post, long time lurker.

Yes, I may have many issues. I try each day to better myself and walk on the good side of life. Thank you for the encouragement.

It is refreshing to have people come in and change the way people have been hunting for over 100 years. Refreshing...not the word of choice by many. I have not lived my entire life in one zipcode either and I have also hunted all over the country. The last thing I do when VISITING somewhere is try and change their way of doing things. I learned and adapt to their way of doing things. I guess you are the same kind of people who think Spanish should be the natinal language of the United States. They come here and want to change our way of life too. Maybe, just maybe, traditions are a good thing. Or should I write this all in spanish since some believe the rest of the world should change to fit a small minority.

El jeffe has spoken! Just kidding, goosehunter. I actually do agree with ya on this one. Seems every tom, ****, and harry from the next town, state, or country over has some righteous idea about how things should be done in the Old Dominion. I never understood it myself. When I visit somewhere else to hunt, or have lived in other places throughout my life, I never found myself coming into someone else's town and telling them how to do everything. Its rude, its presumptuous, and its downright yankee. But hey, these men are duck commanders, and they knowhow things aught to be run round here. Just ask em!

From direct personal experience on Back Bay, I can tell ya its mostly non-local duck commanders tearing up the place, breaking the rules, and raisin hell. They're desperate for ducks to command, and would slap their grandma to kill a sawbill. Sure, there's a few wild local boys running around, but there's not enough of em to be causin that much trouble.
bay gunner
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:12 am

bay gunner wrote: They're desperate for ducks to command, and would slap their grandma to kill a sawbill.

:lol: :lol:
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 am

Well said and thank you Bay Gunner.
Or
Bien dicho y gracias Bay Gunner.