I Stand Corrected

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Re: I Stand Corrected

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 am

Mudgun wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Mudgun wrote:You guys are just afraid someone is gonna screw you up.

FIFY :wink:

The thing that got me was the fact that if we hadn't been there, the majority of the birds would have landed near us and he wouldn't have gotten the shots that he did. He wold have sat watched flock after flock land on the flat un-molested. I HATE that. I would rather watch someone else shoot birds than watch a hundred birds get in a refuge un-touched.

Really? I do want to watch birds land in different spots it means they Are here and are using the marsh. I don't root against the other guys but I'd rather he don't show up of all the ducks get shot at by me. There are places in my marsh I know the ducks go and I have seen them land there for years based on time of day, season, tide, and wind and whether they are mallards of pintails. I let the birds rest so they will stick around. I can only hunt them with help from brother pushpoling us in across the marsh when the waters high or if someone wanted to drop someone off with a pine tree and a pallet but the division of the squad, danger, and sacrifice of someone having to guide usually just keeps us together. That's for blind shy birds. As for woodies I'd definitely not want to see people shooting while I wood duck hunt they shouldn't have any business being there its. Summer ducks are special. We usually only get one or two good chances at them in the marsh but we get aggressive and go way up in there where they come to land

I'm opposite of Mudgun I like to watch birds and keep a mental log. Whether or not ducks die doesn't bother me, but I plan on our team dpi g the only shooting. I'd rather see 10 million ducks and not abhor the gun then see other hunters or bass boats
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 am

I'm a preservationist 305 days per year.

60 days per year it's game on.
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:18 pm

im with native on this one
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby Mudgun » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:31 pm

fowl mouth wrote:im with native on this one

How do you know? A lot of incoherent rambling ^^^^^

Don't let this fall into a sunrise/ badazz duck smasher thread.
Mudgun
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:06 pm

A sunrise is a pretty thing...especially with a dozen dead ducks in the foreground.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Mudgun I sent that earlier on my phone. But it's not incoherent. You are the one who understands like a stirred up mud puddle.

Let me set the record straight... I never mentioned sunrise and I never tried to sound like a badass duck smasher.
With that being said Mudgun and I have never gotten along so that's fine with me. If i could categorize Mudgun id say he doesn't like to "talk duck" similarly to others on here who do it when they aren't "talking duck". Interpret that freely

I grew up hunting a spot with stationary blinds on a big marsh. That's the way they were hunted in the past and I believe it makes you a better hunter in the long run because its harder to kill ducks sometes in stationary blinds and you develop a mental log for each stationary blind that allows you to adapt. Furthermore watching and listening to ducks is directly educational.

There is nothing wrong with marsh owners designating a specific spot as sanctuary or simply saving it for later until they decide otherwise,
Then there are some hunters who would want to float or layout these special reserve spots everyday claiming its ok because they have the right. My experience is if you are hunting a marsh you can't go way up in the marsh to the same sanctuary spot days in a row. The birds will leave
There is nothing better than hunting a stationary blind and having ducks work all around you. They kinda know you are there and they see the decoys but they have lots of safe places to land. I hunt our stationary blinds as much as I can one one day and another another day. I usually save float hunts till I have visually seen birds working an area at least for 1.5 to 2 days in a row. That is just my big stationary blind type style.

crucify me for even bringing up the topic those who don't like to "talk duck", but back in the day that's all it was stationary blinds. Whether you baited or not imaduckin, giving birds there own space is crucial. We are all so gungho about killing that sometimes I think we forget to be awake and watch, because with the right wind and tide it can really pay off
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:34 am

Well said Native.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:30 am

I guess yall are posting from the blind this morning? Watching the world wake up?
Mudgun
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 am

Nope, woke up sitting behind my desk....Zzzzzz
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:02 am

will be in the blind in 48 hours, today is just sitting and waiting and watching the clock tick by ever so slowly to be followed with a sleepless night :help:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 am

lbhansford wrote:will be in the blind in 48 hours, today is just sitting and waiting and watching the clock tick by ever so slowly to be followed with a sleepless night :help:

I'm going in 48 too.
(Going to disguise myself as a 10yr. old).
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:28 am

ill make sure to post a sunrise picture of a few dozen dead birds for Mudgun too :thumbsup: hope the snows have started to pour in.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Why weren't you out there this morning making a mental journal?

Oh that's right, because the season isn't in.
Mudgun
hunter

Postby nickp9797 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Mudgun wrote:Why weren't you out there this morning making a mental journal?

Oh that's right, because the season isn't in.

Lol :lol3:
nickp9797
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting