10 ga hulls

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

10 ga hulls

Postby bassmaster624 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I just recieved about 400 different hulls.rem's looked the best the only problem was trying to pull them off of the deprimer rod they were sticking like crazy.the yellow base ones would fall right out.fed hulls good 1 had a split in the brass but no head were loose.the color varies between dark brown to light brown not sure but they seemed thinner then the ones from years ago.win hull plain suck at least the red ones.4 of them had blown heads all the same hull same shot and speed.win surpreme hull looked really nice and cant wait to do something with them.2 friends gave me these last night they are only 3 years old or less.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Re: 10 ga hulls

Postby baltz526 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Measure the OAL of the remingtons. Some yellow base run long.
OHA life member Lapine oregon
baltz526
hunter

Re: 10 ga hulls

Postby UmatillaJeff » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:46 am

Make sure and twist the brass on the Winchester cases. At least one in 3 will spin. I wouldn't reload them as the hull often blows off the base. Sometimes they go out the barrel but other times they get stuck in the barrel.

The Supreme cases are not nearly as bad as the drylock hulls that are a little older. The new 10ga hulls may be like the Supremes but it has been at least 5 years since I bought a case of drylocks and they were still the older style hull that the brass will spin after the first firing in some cases and never in others. You just have to twist them to see what you got.

This is nothing new. The lead 10ga ammo by Winchester used to do it as well. Jeff
Duck hunters chat.. a place where people who never shoot past 40 yards explain how to do it better to the guys who do it all the time.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes