govt shutdown and refuges?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J.

govt shutdown and refuges?

Postby Woodsy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Just wondering if plum island area is going to be open for hunting this fall with all the BS going on in DC. I figured it would be but then I read about missiquio up in VT. And was curious if anyone had heard anything. Since you can't call and ask someone at usfw I thought someone here might know. I don't know how they could close all hunting on the refuge do to size and all the different access points but leave it to our govt to figure out a way of spending tens times the money to pork us in spite....... woodsy
Woodsy
hunter

Re: govt shutdown and refuges?

Postby MIKE J. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:50 am

Most likely it will be closed. :no: The gates are closed at the Cape Cod National seashore. I am not sure if they will do anything if you are on the property but based on events elsewhere I would be careful.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MIKE J. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:07 am

I just went to the NWR website and all hunting activities are cancelled until further notice. :mad:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby woodduck14 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:37 am

I read an article on Outdoor Life and it sounded like it's the same way all over the country. All refuges are closed. Gotta love the USA
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby Woodsy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:29 pm

That's fantastic..... :mad: glad I paid 15 bucks for my fed stamp so that I will get screwed on hunting season. Well at least the bird watchers and kayakers and misc. Yuppies are also in the same boat as us for once. And no I will not even get close to that place for sure now.
Woodsy
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Open season on politicians, NO LIMIT. DRAKES AND HENS. :hammer: :lol3:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby 2Firsts » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:14 pm

The gate to the PRNWR has been locked since Day 1 of the shutdown. There is not access to the boat ramp on the refuge.
A friend lives a few blocks from there, and she told me they are still patrolling, to make sure people stay out. She said they chased people who had entered from the Newbury beach, onto the refuge beach.
2Firsts
Newb

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting