looking for help

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

looking for help

Postby discoduck1976 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey all I am looking for some place I can take my wife on her first duck hunt. I would normally try lake lowell but due to it being closed I am a bit lost. Does any one have any suggestions around the Nampa area. Thanks
discoduck1976
Newb

Re: looking for help

Postby duckcomanderJR. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:48 am

I heard something that they reopened lake Lowell for hunting saw it on KTVB I don't know for 100% sure
if they fly they die!!
duckcomanderJR.
hunter

Postby twistofsin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:26 pm

There are places you can access the Boise river in Nampa. I spent yesterday morning and evening there.

It was crowded but people were friendly, and if you poke around a bit you can find a few good areas to hunt even if you have to fetch your own birds.

On the weekends the best areas are usually occupied several hours before first light, or even the night before. There are a few areas that are less contested and can still produce a few birds though if you don't want to sleep out there.
twistofsin
hunter

Postby discoduck1976 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Cool thanks. I went out looking around today and think I will take her to the Boise River in the morning. Being a weekday maybe it won't be to crowded.
discoduck1976
Newb

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting