Good to Go

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, fowl mouth, callncut

Good to Go

Postby adustydawg2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 am

Just got back in the house out of this crazy monsoon weather. Some of my WUSA members and I spent the morning cutting cedars and rebrushing the blinds at Phelps WMA. Due to my new work schedule this was the only day to get er done. Rained all morning but we got them all brushed. Not the best but will do until we get back from Wisconsin. Will try to add some more cedars if and when the rain stops. Anyway those that hunt at Phelps have 3 blinds that are good to go. Now before some hater gets on the stump ,and starts spouting off that there is no water in the impoundment, check this out. :crying: The middle and lower ends are okay but could use even more water. With all this rain the water level should continue to rise. All 3 creeks that flow into the impoundment were higher than normal and it was still pouring rain. So by mid week we should have decent water thru out.
And BTW, Adventure Crew 835 and the WUSA members have been cleaning up the Phelps and Pettigrew WMAs as well as the boat ramps at Kellys Ford, Eley Ford, Motts Run, and Hunting Run. Guys we have tp keep these areas clean. VDGIF has posted signs that they will close these ramps if the trash problems continue. Since April we have picked up 56 55 gallon bags of trash. Not good. We would hate to lose this important access to the Rapidan and the Rappahannock. And they are willing to close them. So if you see trash at any of these areas please pick it up.
And for those that like dove hunting the fields at Pettigrew WMA have been brought back. All work and seed provided by the LOCS Chapter, Waterfowl, USA. Pathways along both Skinkers Creek and Ware Creek have been opened up. Saw some ducks along both creeks while doing the cleanup. I will not cyber scout for you but you can follow the pathways to some beaver ponds along the creeks. Might find a duck or 3. And during the split I will bush hog the grass strips in the dove fields so that the geese can get into the milo.
So there you go, good to go. Enjoy! :bow: :welcome:
adustydawg2
hunter

Re: Good to Go

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 am

Dang!
Thanks for what you did :clapping:
Know I'd feel awfully guilty huntin' there, (and very appreciative), while you're still home catching your breath from the work that's been done without having a hand in the labor.
That said-
I don't hunt WMAs' much, but wish you guys would let me know if you ever need some help :thumbsup:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby adustydawg2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Swampbilly, thanks foe the kind words. Don't feel guilty about hunting there;GO. That is why this is so good. It is public land for all to hunt. And it can be real good at times. The deer hunters are already harvesting deer from around the food plots.

When we start on the next big project in the spring I will let you know. Can always use some help. Thanks :thumbsup: :welcome:

BTW;Have a NEW 6 day a week, 8 hour day work schedule. Off on Fridays. Wanna guess what Bucky and I will be doing? :tongue: :bow:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Done here
Last edited by NOVAggie on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby adustydawg2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:32 pm

YEA NOVAggie, your jealousy finally got you somewhere. :fingerhead: For those that don't have blinds or leases to go to public lands are better than sitting at home watching Duck Dynasty. I know you must have some good spots down ole Mexico way.

BTW, wasn't this the very project that you and the Delta members spoke to Jerry Sims and Ron Hughes about? Sorry to see that you are still crying about not getting to do this project. :mad: :crying: :no: Such is life.

Hope those that hunt these areas have good luck and good times. :welcome:

And Beyonce is better than your bird boys! :hi:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Awesome job ADD. I will probably hunt the pond next week.
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Done here
Last edited by NOVAggie on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

NOVAggie
hunter

Postby adustydawg2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Yes they are. Especially since it costs them nothing and will be done on Sunday. By the way, I was not bragging just letting folks know what is going on. If you don't like my posts skip them and carry on. I thought that I gave some good info for those interested.
Myself, I am always looking to do work with my org members that benefits the public land hunter. If you have a problem with that it is YOUR PROBLEM. Get over it and move on. :bow: :eek:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Not questioning the free labor. I'm curious about hunting geese in a dove field that has been manipulated. I see you said mowing he grass, so I'm guessing it is not considered manipulation? Honest question ADD, don't be so defensive.

NOVAggie
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm

NOVAggie wrote:Mods, not sure which one of you edited my post, you didnt leave your name.

I am not bashing Frank for his work. I think it is great that people do things for waterfowling. However, the bragging is what is annoying, thus the pat on the back Beyonce. Didnt realize calling a spade a spade was childish and how PC this board is.

Hey it was yours truly :hi:
And if calling a "spade a spade" is a philosophy you govern yourself by, then perhaps you can understand this-

Somehow,..Some way,..you were able to find something negative in the mans' post, and even better yet, you were able to establish the posters' mental thoughts and "how he felt" at the time when he posted - all of which ,..was done from quite a distance away with a keyboard and a monitor.

I find that absolutely phenomenal. Therefore would believe it's safe to say that you either have some supernatural psychic abilities, or you're a pessimist. (Just calling an Ace an Ace and a Spade a Spade here).

Had it have been you posting as he did I'd feel the same way. We're a dying breed of Duckhunters, with the same things in common.
We should dump the negativity amongst us.
Lastly-
What does "how PC this board is" mean?
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
NOVAggie wrote:Mods, not sure which one of you edited my post, you didnt leave your name.

I am not bashing Frank for his work. I think it is great that people do things for waterfowling. However, the bragging is what is annoying, thus the pat on the back Beyonce. Didnt realize calling a spade a spade was childish and how PC this board is.

Hey it was yours truly :hi:
And if calling a "spade a spade" is a philosophy you govern yourself by, then perhaps you can understand this-

Somehow,..Some way,..you were able to find something negative in the mans' post, and even better yet, you were able to establish the posters' mental thoughts and "how he felt" at the time when he posted.

I find that absolutely phenomenal. Therefore would believe it's safe to say that you either have some supernatural psychic abilities, or you're a pessimist. (Just calling an Ace an Ace and a Spade a Spade here).

Had it have been you posting as he did I'd feel the same way. We're a dying breed of Duckhunters, with the same things in common.
We should dump the negativity amongst us.
Lastly-
What does "how PC this board is" mean?

Man beat me to it swamp.... Wonder if he can get in a ducks head like that to an coerce them into decoying.... coommmme to the dark side

F-ing Jedi man...

Thanks dusty for everything you are doing out your way to better public land
lbhansford
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Forgive me if I don't jump on the ADD handjob bandwagon.

NOVAggie
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 pm

NOVAggie wrote:Forgive me if I don't jump on the ADD handjob bandwagon.

Oh, that's no problem Nova.

It's the wagon you are riding on that is- feel free to self destruct if that's what you'd prefer to do.

You're not going to come on here and discredit folks, or aire your personal differences, period. I'm just passing the word on, so don't shoot the messenger.
Think too, that you've a very, (very) skewed understanding between "political correctness" , common courtesy,, appreciation, respect, handjobs,..and playing "spades" :wink:

Might be a good idea for you to edit your post.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby adustydawg2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 am

Cutting grass at the dove fields is not manipulating anything. Just like mowing your lawn. Geese will not use that field until the snow comes. If you know the layout of the area, which you do not, that there is a bean and cornfield on the side towards the river. The farmer will cut his corn in a couple weeks and the beans later on. Meanwhile dove season will come back in and those that like hunting them can have a decent shoot. With alot less fescue and field grass to fight thru to find doves that are shot.

Maybe you need to get out and look at some of these places instead of hiding behind the keyboard. That way you can speak with first hand knowledge of the issues. :welcome:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:12 am

Done here
Last edited by NOVAggie on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

NOVAggie
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:18 am

Done here.

No longer responding to ADD. Doubt he can do the same though.

NOVAggie
hunter

Postby adustydawg2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 am

Naggie, you asked a legit question and got a legit answer. Done and done. :bow:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby tsmart » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:25 am

If someone needs to pat themselves on the back (because no one else will) - well,... then that's what it takes I guess.

But... (for a politically correct usage of terms) -it's kinda like the reproduction cycle.
Its more fun, if you are not doing the patting all by yourself.

Just saying..

T.
Free Pillowcasr & Whompus Cat !
tsmart
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:46 am

enough gentlemen
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA