Spinners in the field

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Spinners in the field

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 am

I am from Indiana but that is just to think about when ducks have seen a certain amount of spreads. I have 6 spinners and was curious to what your guys' thoughts were on putting them all out with 3 dz full body mallards and 5+ dz goose full bodies? Regardless of what other decoys I have out what is your thoughts on putting 6 spinners out?
Black Smoke
hunter

Re: Spinners in the field

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:40 am

We only use that many when not on the x.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:22 am

Black Smoke wrote:I am from Indiana but that is just to think about when ducks have seen a certain amount of spreads. I have 6 spinners and was curious to what your guys' thoughts were on putting them all out with 3 dz full body mallards and 5+ dz goose full bodies? Regardless of what other decoys I have out what is your thoughts on putting 6 spinners out?

I see no fault in it. Sometimes I run 2-10 mostly depending on the mood I am in. I put the spinners away from the blinds or pit at all times. I have a custom welded tree that holds five spinners, so many times I run that alone. The four on the limbs have a nice bounce in the wind while the fifth is on the center post eight feet high. You have to be the judge on the total number to run. I try to stay to the theory of running less early and more later in the season once migrating flocks start to pour in heavy.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks killer I think maybe you and I may be on the same page. Is there anyway you could send or post a picture of the tree you have welded up just to get an idea? Thanks again!
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting