World War 3 oops I mean opening day

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

World War 3 oops I mean opening day

Postby woodduck14 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 pm

My buddy and I hit our normal opening day spot today, we managed three mallards apeice and he also got a hen hoodie. We didn't get many shooting ops so we did the best we could. Shocked becuase yesterday there were about 100 birds in the area.
We were amazed at the amount of gun shots we heard, normally we don't hear anyone else or maybe one group, but we counted five different groups around the area. There were easily over 75 shots this morning, very unheard of for around here.
We must've said F duck dynasty 10 times each.

We then head to spot number two and as we are unloading a truck pulls up and sees us in camo and sees our game strap. They say "oh looks like you got some geese and mergansers there" We look at each other then say no these are mallards.
So then they start to ask if we shot them at spot two, but we said no we got them this morning.

Ya'll won't believe what they say next...they say " where did you get them?" Again my buddy and I look at each other, smile, and tell them of a river that everyone around here knows. Then they go "where exactly on the river?" We make up a spot and they are like ohh yeah we know where that is. Lol, did they really have the nerve to ask where we got them? And did they expect us to tell them the truth?

They left and we shot a few woodies, ended the day with 10 total.

F duck dynasty.
Attachments
photo.JPG
only 9 ducks pictured, the 10th was shot right after the pic
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Re: World War 3 oops I mean opening day

Postby Kamoryou » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:28 am

Looks like a nice day!

I was only able to get one GWT. Flew right into the decoys!

Good luck this season!
Kamoryou
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting