You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:34 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Bloke wrote:And there you go, Wal-Mart foots the bill for the free food
And if they went after the thieves, they would be attacked for that and the prosecutor would probably decline to prosecute. If they stopped accepting the food stamps, they would have been criticized for that and possible risked violence to their workers.

Are stores required to accept food stamps?

If the card doesn't get denied, can they refuse to sell the stuff? Or does the right refuse service extent to food stamps as well? There were also probably people trying to make purchases without exceeding their balance, imagine the media feeding fenzy that would ensue if these people were turned away. I'm just trying to figure out if the stores should be held accountable.

Could they have legally turned them away?

there were procedures in place if a glitch happened. Xerox runs the system in this region, they caused the system to go offline. Wal-Mart was suppose to limit EBT cards to $50 in purchases so that each card holder could still buy enough food to feed their family for 24 hours. Wal-Mart did not follow those rules and allowed this to happen, they will eat the cost.

My bank has a policy in place that I may only withdraw $500 a day from an ATM. Let's say they screw up, and credit my account with $200,000. I run to take out as much as possible. The ATMs are broken, and let me take out $27,800. What are the chances that the bank will eat that, and not demand I pay them back?

I don't know Assa but when you find out let me know so I can switch banks :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Walmart didn't follow procedure.

If the state wants it's money back all they have to do is reduce the benefits by 10 bucks a month for the folks that went over.

Unless starving some dummy's kid is somehow supposed to teach some dummy we already know is unteachable a lesson.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:22 pm

slowshooter wrote:Walmart didn't follow procedure.

If the state wants it's money back all they have to do is reduce the benefits by 10 bucks a month for the folks that went over.

Unless starving some dummy's kid is somehow supposed to teach some dummy we already know is unteachable a lesson.

Starving the dummy's kid will return this country to her God given glory!
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:38 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

:lol3: :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

Why always with the euphemisms.

What they did was stealing, plain and simple.

Are they responsible adults or children?

If this was a bunch of 1%'ers, you would want them prosecuted and not just say, oh well walmart screwed up.

Treat all adults like adults and not some like children and then wonder why they can't feed their children in 21st century America. What would these people have done in the 1800's or if they lived in most any other country in the world? Just curl up and die I guess is what you think they would rise to if forced to be responsible adults.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:25 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

If this was a bunch of 1%'ers, you would want them prosecuted and not just say, oh well walmart screwed up.

Treat all adults like adults and not some like children and then wonder why they can't feed their children in 21st century America. What would these people have done in the 1800's or if they lived in most any other country in the world? Just curl up and die I guess is what you think they would rise to if forced to be responsible adults.

Are you advocating for orphanages? State your case, please
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:38 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

Are you advocating for leaving children to suffer just to avoid orphanages? That's pretty screwed up. Otherwise, they may be necessary if we cannot find a safer environment for those children.

Or are you arguing for a get out of jail free card for criminals if they have children?

Seriously, what do you disagree with? If you are a thief, you should be treated like a thief. Insider trading, welfare fraud, tax cheats, ... Zero tolerance for thieves. Why would we do anything else? How does that just not encourage more thievery?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:30 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

Are you advocating for leaving children to suffer just to avoid orphanages? That's pretty screwed up. Otherwise, they may be necessary if we cannot find a safer environment for those children.

Or are you arguing for a get out of jail free card for criminals if they have children?

Seriously, what do you disagree with? If you are a thief, you should be treated like a thief. Insider trading, welfare fraud, tax cheats, ... Zero tolerance for thieves. Why would we do anything else? How does that just not encourage more thievery?

Who is encouraging thievery? The costs can be recouped without people getting kicked off the rolls - and they actually get less until the accounts are even. That should be ideal because the state will actually pay out less than they normally would, and pocket the difference. Walmart and Xerox both failed to manage the system or process correctly and Walmart is eating the costs.

Just want to make sure I get your reasoning. Please answer the following question.
It's okay to hurt children when their parents make honest, or dishonest mistakes. Yes or no?
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 pm

slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

Who is encouraging thievery? The costs can be recouped without people getting kicked off the rolls - and they actually get less until the accounts are even. That should be ideal because the state will actually pay out less than they normally would, and pocket the difference. Walmart and Xerox both failed to manage the system or process correctly and Walmart is eating the costs.

Just want to make sure I get your reasoning. Please answer the following question.
It's okay to hurt children when their parents make honest, or dishonest mistakes. Yes or no?

Parents should be responsible for taking care of their children, including being aware of the consequences their actions might have. Yes or no?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

Parents should be responsible for taking care of their children, including being aware of the consequences their actions might have. Yes or no?

Yeah, that's a pretty easy position to take. Parents should be responsible for their kids. The issue is what the hell do we do when they're NOT. I can't believe I had to explain that
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

The thief you mean.

Yeah, that's a pretty easy position to take. Parents should be responsible for their kids. The issue is what the hell do we do when they're NOT. I can't believe I had to explain that

Don't steal, murder or commit other crimes and you can go home every night and take care of your kids. I can't believe I had to explain that.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey, that really takes care of the problem! You righties are such practical people……..I can see now how self-righteous indignation will insulate the nations children from parents who screw up and don't do right by them. Why don't you at least have the balls to come right out and say "F**K those kids!"
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:Hey, that really takes care of the problem! You righties are such practical people……..I can see now how self-righteous indignation will insulate the nations children from parents who screw up and don't do right by them. Why don't you at least have the balls to come right out and say "F**K those kids!"

You're talking to a guy whose single mom took in two of her nephews as infants when their circumstances required they be took in and raised them to adulthood. She did this while she was busy raising three of her own kids alone, without taking a dime of assistance.

I'm anxiously awaiting your reply.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Hey, that really takes care of the problem! You righties are such practical people……..I can see now how self-righteous indignation will insulate the nations children from parents who screw up and don't do right by them. Why don't you at least have the balls to come right out and say "F**K those kids!"

You're talking to a guy whose single mom took in two of her nephews as infants when their circumstances required they be took in and raised them to adulthood. She did this while she was busy raising three of her own kids alone, without taking a dime of assistance.

That's frigging GREAT! And I mean that, kudos to all………..but guess what? There are kids being raised by total douchebags, who didn't have the good fortune to have a mom of such character. Quit trying to avoid the obvious
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:There are kids being raised by total douchebags, who didn't have the good fortune to have a mom of such character. Quit trying to avoid the obvious

And tell me how rewarding the douche-bag behavior is going to fix the problem?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:There are kids being raised by total douchebags, who didn't have the good fortune to have a mom of such character. Quit trying to avoid the obvious

So………..f**k those kids?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Okay, so you've got nothing then. Thanks for the conversation but I'm going to get back to the game.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Okay, so you've got nothing then. Thanks for the conversation but I'm going to get back to the game.

Now that's an interesting tack……….. I've got nothing, to be sure. You've got nothing either, but you can't see that. This is one of those problems that don't have a nice, black and white, clean-cut solution. The world will not end if you admit that such problems exist
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:32 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

That's frigging GREAT! And I mean that, kudos to all………..but guess what? There are kids being raised by total douchebags, who didn't have the good fortune to have a mom of such character. Quit trying to avoid the obvious

social darwinism would be the answer to your question.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:36 pm

ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

Tough job squaring that with the basic tenets of Christianity, huh?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:34 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

if you follow that, i suppose so.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 pm

ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

if you follow that, i suppose so.

It's close to my heart, if not my brain………but I think as the defining ethos for western civilization it would have to come into play any time we're discussing disadvantaged kids, wouldn't it?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Botiz630 wrote:

Yeah I dunno man, you can't penalize a child because he/she has a douche-bag parent. If it ever comes down to whether or not the family can feed their children, state needs to look at potentially placing these children with competent adults that can afford such responsibilities..
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Tut tut. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. Starving American children for JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY! :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:13 pm

slowshooter wrote:Tut tut. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. Starving American children for JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY! :lol3:

No child should ever have to go hungry. If I were in a situation where I could not provide food for my which (I'd poach before that happened) I would definitely take him to the ASPCA :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum