Lake Helena Hunters

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Lake Helena Hunters

Postby huntfishnv » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 pm

I know there isn't much room out there at Lake Helena but please think twice about how close you are setting up to people! I can deal with hunting near people, but when other hunters set up directly in front of me somewhere between 70-80 YARDS just 15 mins before light, even after I made my self visible it becomes a safety issue for me! While I'm watching my shots as not to shoot you guys, my hunting partner and I, and my decoys are getting hit with shot every single time your group pops a shot off at a duck swinging into my decoys. If you can't find a spot near the Parking lot just keep walking, there's a decent amount of water back there and nobody has to be worried about getting shot in the face.

I drive red and white ford, if anybody sees me out there and can't find a spot come over and talk to me and I can probably point you in the direction of some good water or maybe even hunt together. I'd rather people hunt with me than shoot at me.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Re: Lake Helena Hunters

Postby lundin-loading » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Lake helena hunters...pretty much sums it up. Were you by chance hunting on monday, it was a holiday and in years past ive noticed quite a few of the high-school kids end up in the swamp shooting coots and other hunters deeks on Columbus Day, ask me how i know about this...Are you just walking in or did you take a boat? I wont even consider that place unless its mid-week and im running across in the boat.
lundin-loading
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:24 pm

lundin-loading wrote:Lake helena hunters...pretty much sums it up. Were you by chance hunting on monday, it was a holiday and in years past ive noticed quite a few of the high-school kids end up in the swamp shooting coots and other hunters deeks on Columbus Day, ask me how i know about this...Are you just walking in or did you take a boat? I wont even consider that place unless its mid-week and im running across in the boat.

Haha, Huntfish is one of those highschoolers!
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby Leakydecoy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 am

And while we're a-bitchin'... How about cleaning birds and dumping deer and carp carcasses somewhere other than the boat launch? :mad: Like maybe your own trash dumpster. Or gut and pluck birds in the blind. That area has become an embarrassing black eye for hunters. I realize it's not likely the perpetrators are reading this here...assuming they're able to read.
Leakydecoy
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting