Inland opener was....

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

Inland opener was....

Postby Joser06 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:51 am

Very good to me! Woke up very early to make sure I got my spot and it didn't disappoint. There was a huge flight this morning. A lot more larger ducks than I have been seeing and tons of woodies made an appearance. My shot was spot on today and only the easy shots were missed. The tough shots were the ones I crushed the birds on. There is nothing like seeing the bird just fold in the air and stay where it lands. I ended up getting 1 hen woody, 1 drake woody, 2 hen mallards, 1 drake mallard and a black duck I think was a drake. It took me longer to set up today than the hunt took. I am ok with that! Duck for dinner!
Joser06
hunter

Re: Inland opener was....

Postby MIKE J. » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 am

Nice Job Joser :thumbsup:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Kamoryou » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 am

:thumbsup:
Kamoryou
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:15 am

Well Joser, you shot better than I did but I'm not complaining one bit. Had a great hunt and the Maxus is no longer a virgin. :thumbsup:
2013opener.JPG
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Nice! Good on ya' both - that plate of meat is actually making my mouth water.

Can't wait to get back out there this year after a few years away (now trying to figure out to hunt in MA - much tougher than OH, that's for sure!). But those are some NICE birds, so you give me hope! :eek:

Matt
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby Joser06 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Baymen Moe wrote:Well Joser, you shot better than I did but I'm not complaining one bit. Had a great hunt and the Maxus is no longer a virgin. :thumbsup:
2013opener.JPG

The plumage on you birds looks better than mine. My drake would have looked good if the shot didn't pass through the head
McManusClan5 wrote:Nice! Good on ya' both - that plate of meat is actually making my mouth water.

Can't wait to get back out there this year after a few years away (now trying to figure out to hunt in MA - much tougher than OH, that's for sure!). But those are some NICE birds, so you give me hope! :eek:

Matt

Concord is a tough place to be located with a lot of no shooting towns around you. use this to help you out on finding places to shoot
http://macouncil.tripod.com/id28.htm
Joser06
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Joser06 wrote:
Baymen Moe wrote:Well Joser, you shot better than I did but I'm not complaining one bit. Had a great hunt and the Maxus is no longer a virgin. :thumbsup:
2013opener.JPG

The plumage on you birds looks better than mine. My drake would have looked good if the shot didn't pass through the head
McManusClan5 wrote:Nice! Good on ya' both - that plate of meat is actually making my mouth water.

Matt

Concord is a tough place to be located with a lot of no shooting towns around you. use this to help you out on finding places to shoot
http://macouncil.tripod.com/id28.htm

Appreciate the link - helpful (but holy carp, it's tough to find a wedge of space to hunt!). While I miss hunting fields (OH was great for that), I grew up on the salt and love seaducking. Might just have to stick with the ocean, as it's tougher to restrict (I hope).

Thanks! Still gonna try to find a spot or two (once the Feds open up the refuges again, there might be a couple I can kayak to - will certainly post up if I manage to find more than a nice paddle!).

Matt
McManusClan5
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting