Stoeger Condor

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Stoeger Condor

Postby Grouse » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 pm

So why does my 12 ga over under fire both barrels? I thought it was just the 3" #3 duck loads but it did it grouse hunting with 7.5 first barrel and #6 top barrel??? Any help because its starting to hurt. :huh: :eek: :oops: :mad:
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Re: Stoeger Condor

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Your trigger needs to be fixed. The trigger is a single, recoil set trigger. It is not working properly and this is causing the gun to double. Take it to a competent gunsmith and have it fixed.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Grouse » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:26 pm

I took the gun to gun smith this after noon. I stayed and watched to see he had no problem with it, so we pull stock off and look at the firing mechanism. WOW alot of play from factory,,,so he reduced play between trigger and the bar that hits the lever that moves pins. Even with that the bar was still triggering both. So all stoeger internals are cast. There was flashing on the bar as well we ground that down and what do you know one at a time. I knew when buying this it was a introductorily over under but green hell man how can someone out out a product like that. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Postby quanah labs » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:31 pm

You must of just got a lemon. I have had a condor for about 5 yrs now and have shot at least 2500 rounds ( one at a time ) thru mine with no problems at all.
Hunt like your hungry
quanah labs
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:35 pm

I think these guns are a hit or miss on what ya get. had a buddy who got one that misfired like no other brand new. unsure of details but the gunsmith was unable to fix it. but there are plenty of folks at the gun club who have never had a problem

Team Quackout
Rhock19
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum