10 things only idiots will ignore

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
cartervj wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:I really like how Obama is a crony capitalist left-wing extremist when his policies benefit Wall Street, and he's a flaming Marxist redistributionist when his policies take Wall Street to task. You guys have set up a game in which nothing the guy can ever do can ever be anything but communist. And most of the country sees right through it

his money comes from Wall Street, he takes to task small business and the middle class

First election, yes....Wall Street was totally cool with Mitt 2nd time around. And Wall Street was screaming bloody murder when he tried to hold them accountable via his own Warren Commission. Are you seriously suggesting that nothing he has done has angered the banking community? (and more telling, that the right didn't totally have the banking community's back when he did?)

They hung Warren out to dry, she was politically expendable. He had cover. If you think he's "tough on financial reform", you are less informed than I thought you were.

I totally disagree, I think the Obama administration really wanted Warren to have some real power, but when the opposition got stiff it was clear they weren't going to the mats for her. I never said he was tough. I said he tried......nowhere near as hard as I wanted him to, but more than any other president in recent memory (of course, that's the sort of remark that gets called Bush bashing in here)
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:45 pm

beretta24 wrote:
cartervj wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:I really like how Obama is a crony capitalist left-wing extremist when his policies benefit Wall Street, and he's a flaming Marxist redistributionist when his policies take Wall Street to task. You guys have set up a game in which nothing the guy can ever do can ever be anything but communist. And most of the country sees right through it

his money comes from Wall Street, he takes to task small business and the middle class

That's not unique to Obama or Democrats...on either count.

Friends of mine that own businesses will say otherwise, except 1. He builds primarily Sec 8 type housing, he's able to get cheaper labor under Dems and build more units. As of now, said he has around 4-5,000 units. His last apartment complex (86 units) he was able to get tile laid for under a dollar a foot. The others have businesses that range from half a million to 20 plus million a year in sales.

both parties stink, one smells worse than the other just by a nose
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:46 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
cartervj wrote:

First election, yes....Wall Street was totally cool with Mitt 2nd time around. And Wall Street was screaming bloody murder when he tried to hold them accountable via his own Warren Commission. Are you seriously suggesting that nothing he has done has angered the banking community? (and more telling, that the right didn't totally have the banking community's back when he did?)

They hung Warren out to dry, she was politically expendable. He had cover. If you think he's "tough on financial reform", you are less informed than I thought you were.

I totally disagree, I think the Obama administration really wanted Warren to have some real power, but when the opposition got stiff it was clear they weren't going to the mats for her. I never said he was tough. I said he tried......nowhere near as hard as I wanted him to, but more than any other president in recent memory (of course, that's the sort of remark that gets called Bush bashing in here)

right...just like we can keep our health insurance..... :rolleyes: The man llied BDD2, and you fell for it. It was all feather puffing and talk.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:51 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
cartervj wrote:

The smaller home town banks too a hit from his regs Frank/Dodd, did nothing to the mega banks and we still have insurance companies being banks. Home town banks are making it up thru more fees.

Did not solve what caused the crash a few years ago, not sure what really was accomplished thru Frank/Dodd, it is harder to get money for many small businesses and middle class buying homes. My sis that sales real estate says they'll have someone pre qualified for say $300,000 but once they go to get actual financing it's more more like $200,000 they can actually get.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Or, alternatively, Wall Street let him know that if he didn't back the puck off, they could make things one HELL of a lot worse than they already had, and were totally prepared to do it. Rubbing their hands in glee prepared, I'm talking
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
cartervj wrote:

right...just like we can keep our health insurance..... :rolleyes: The man llied BDD2, and you fell for it. It was all feather puffing and talk.

Obama IS all talk, always says those responsible will be held accountable, has ANYONE actually been held accountable yet? besides the woman Hannity talked to on the radio :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:54 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:Or, alternatively, Wall Street let him know that if he didn't back the puck off, they could make things one HELL of a lot worse than they already had, and were totally prepared to do it. Rubbing their hands in glee prepared, I'm talking

And you think that deserves Kudos? How about some balls and stand firm on reform? They don't even hide the frauds anymore, they are out in the open...HFT anyone?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Or, alternatively, Wall Street let him know that if he didn't back the puck off, they could make things one HELL of a lot worse than they already had, and were totally prepared to do it. Rubbing their hands in glee prepared, I'm talking

And you think that deserves Kudos? How about some balls and stand firm on reform? They don't even hide the frauds anymore, they are out in the open...HFT anyone?

How many times do I have to say how disappointed I am that he didn't take them on more forcefully? They came back at him with far more than he ever thought they would and that's where his inexperience got him into trouble. Besides that, I don't think you just crack the whip with those guys.......they have held too much power for far too long and they are willing to BURN IT ALL DOWN, because they know they will basically be insulated. It's going to be a long process and I think you know that any one administration is not going to turn it around in a heartbeat. But who was even talking about this eight years ago? Hell, just THAT'S some progress
And don't overlook how every time he even gave lip service to any sort of reform, the right crawled up his azz with their stupid "redistribution/communist" nonsense. Think Wall Street didn't look at that and know exactly how to play it?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Indaswamp wrote:right...just like we can keep our health insurance..... :rolleyes: The man llied BDD2, and you fell for it. It was all feather puffing and talk.

you can maybe keep it, it'll just cost more :lol3:

Daily Beast columnist Kirsten Powers, who has been an Obamacare supporter, admitted on “The Kelly File” Thursday that her insurance premiums will nearly double from $160 per month to about $300 per month if she wants to keep the same deductible.

The reality of higher premiums and the broken promise that Americans can keep their current health care plans isn’t “quite the way they sold it,” she said.

“I’m in the individual market and I got the letter, the same letter everyone’s talking about. I live in D.C., so it’s a state exchange, and I went on and I guess I can roughly get the same insurance…but it will go up from about $160 a month and a $2,500 deductible — if I want to keep a $2,500 deductible, it will go up to about $300 a month,” Powers explained.

The administration may argue that its the “young” and “healthy” who will see their premiums go up, but that’s really not “quite the way they sold it,” she added.
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:12 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

How many times do I have to say how disappointed I am that he didn't take them on more forcefully? They came back at him with far more than he ever thought they would and that's where his inexperience got him into trouble. Besides that, I don't think you just crack the whip with those guys.......they have held too much power for far too long and they are willing to BURN IT ALL DOWN, because they know they will basically be insulated. It's going to be a long process and I think you know that any one administration is not going to turn it around in a heartbeat. But who was even talking about this eight years ago? Hell, just THAT'S some progress
And don't overlook how every time he even gave lip service to any sort of reform, the right crawled up his azz with their stupid "redistribution/communist" nonsense. Think Wall Street didn't look at that and know exactly how to play it?

you think he was serious about reform? Really? Wow.
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/080613-666599-obama-fannie-freddie-affordable-housing-immigration.htm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

That would be my biggest knock against him or any recent President. None of them have stood up against the banks, but Obama had the most politcal capital of any in recent history when it comes to popular support. He f'ing caved. It's shameful that you have to look back to Jackson to find a president that really put this neck out there against the banking industry. Maybe there's one in more recent history but certainly none that have stood firm since the Federal Reserve was formed.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I will go back and dig through the past posts this evening. BDD2 was not the main culprit. Slow did it a lot. Jim liked to slip it in to poke people to irritate them. Hence my earlier comment about it not being pointed at BDD2.

Now you're in full-on crawfish mode........ you just stated:

"Your memory is apparently as bad as your ethics. It is disingenous at best to try and tell someone to prove you said what you know you said.

Give me a bit of time to go back and dig them up. You and I both know you posted plenty of shots at Bush
"

and now you would like us to believe that you weren't REALLY talking about me? You backed off when Inda said that I had not done any serious Bush-bashing, and if he had not done so, you would not be backpedalling like this. Your tactics are... gee, what might the word be? Oh, I know...disingenuous. Why the hell can't you just play it straight up?

Reaching a little far there? I said give me enough time to get home and dig up the posts. I am not sure what bug is up your butt today, but you might want to dig it out. :lol3:

You are one of the favorites on here for twisting words and messages around to make a point or be humorous. Don't get your panties in a bunch over someone else playing your game.

Do you even know what the ethics reference is about? The answer is a very clear no to that question. :hi: I almost never run a single track in a post. You have repeatedly failed to see that and you are exhibiting that behavior right now. Look past the trees to see the forest. Ever hear that one. You have been and still are missing the entire picture. And, no I will not be painting it for you here.

As for playing it straight? You supported and still support a lying douche bag who has damaged America economically, nationally, and internationally. He lied to get into office, he lied about Obamacare, he has lied about so many things we can't even count them anymore. Now you want to cry when I question your ethics when you support him?

I have no reason to play straight with Obama or his supporters of any stripe. Not a single one of them has played it straight with with the American people. You voted him into office, you bought his swill, you have and still do support his stupidity with occasional exception. The evidence sits in the Oval Office and is still sticking it to American on a daily basis.

I play it straight with those that deserve it. Now sit there and learn some patience until I get home and dig around a bit. It may take a bit I have some stuff to do when I get home.

As for Inda's memory, I don't know if it is good or bad. Nothing against Inda, I simply don't care what he remembers on this. See my first comment in this paragraph as to why.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I will go back and dig through the past posts this evening. BDD2 was not the main culprit. Slow did it a lot. Jim liked to slip it in to poke people to irritate them. Hence my earlier comment about it not being pointed at BDD2.

"Your memory is apparently as bad as your ethics. It is disingenous at best to try and tell someone to prove you said what you know you said.

Give me a bit of time to go back and dig them up. You and I both know you posted plenty of shots at Bush
"

and now you would like us to believe that you weren't REALLY talking about me? You backed off when Inda said that I had not done any serious Bush-bashing, and if he had not done so, you would not be backpedalling like this. Your tactics are... gee, what might the word be? Oh, I know...disingenuous. Why the hell can't you just play it straight up?

Reaching a little far there? I said give me enough time to get home and dig up the posts. I am not sure what bug is up your butt today, but you might want to dig it out. :lol3: You are one of the favorites for twisting words and messages around to make a point or be humorous here. Don't get your panties in a bunch over someone else playing your game. Do you even know what the ethics reference it about? The answer is a very clear no to that question. :hi:

Oh sure, the "ethics" thing would be about the fact that I'm prepared to out you for all the ridiculous lies you tell about yourself here on the forum, the most absurd one about having a big bunch of keys to DNR land given to you by terrified state officials high up in the state capitol being only the tip of the iceberg. I'm guessing that my offer to leave that stuff alone for the merest concession on your part to simply stop with the unwarranted ad hominem attacks strikes you as some sort of blackmail. It strikes me as a pretty sweet deal for you, and incredibly generous on my part. But you play it any way you want to
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:42 pm

beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

That would be my biggest knock against him or any recent President. None of them have stood up against the banks, but Obama had the most politcal capital of any in recent history when it comes to popular support. He f'ing caved. It's shameful that you have to look back to Jackson to find a president that really put this neck out there against the banking industry. Maybe there's one in more recent history but certainly none that have stood firm since the Federal Reserve was formed.

JFK stood against them and was going to reissue silver notes. Look what happened to him.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Indaswamp wrote:JFK stood against them and was going to reissue silver notes. Look what happened to him.

Yeah, I kinda think you're making my point here
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:50 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:JFK stood against them and was going to reissue silver notes. Look what happened to him.

Then why run for the presidency and claim to being someone looking out for the interests of the middle class?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:50 pm

beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Then why run for the presidency and claim to being someone looking out for the interests of the middle class?

because he is a puppet.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

because he is a puppet.

Does BDD2 agree with that?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

"

Reaching a little far there? I said give me enough time to get home and dig up the posts. I am not sure what bug is up your butt today, but you might want to dig it out. :lol3: You are one of the favorites for twisting words and messages around to make a point or be humorous here. Don't get your panties in a bunch over someone else playing your game. Do you even know what the ethics reference it about? The answer is a very clear no to that question. :hi:

Oh sure, the "ethics" thing would be about the fact that I'm prepared to out you for all the ridiculous lies you tell about yourself here on the forum, the most absurd one about having a big bunch of keys to DNR land given to you by terrified state officials high up in the state capitol being only the tip of the iceberg. I'm guessing that my offer to leave that stuff alone for the merest concession on your part to simply stop with the unwarranted ad hominem attacks strikes you as some sort of blackmail. It strikes me as a pretty sweet deal for you, and incredibly generous on my part. But you play it any way you want to

Lets see your proof B boy! I am going to enjoy this immensely.

By the way you are still not getting the ethics comment, most likely never will. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:56 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

because he is a puppet.

I don't care if he does or not. Fact is that the candidates are put forth by special interests, not the american people. We are given the illusion of a choice, but D or R, does not matter-neither will address the financial issues of this country.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:56 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

because he is a puppet.

No, definitely not.........I think that he (like most candidates) did not know what he was in for and things quickly got out of his control. So, on second thought, I believe he may have indeed become something of a puppet, but I don't think that was the case in the beginning
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:58 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:By the way you are still not getting the ethics comment, most likely never will. :fingerhead:
I suppose not. How am I ever going to sleep nights?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Folks I'm really sorry about the public nature of this Scaup/BDD2 kerfuffle. I tried to handle it in private messages, to no avail. It's a little like that ridiculous "troll" thing I couldn't get him to back off of. Anyway, that's the last of it you'll see of it on my end
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:05 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

because he is a puppet.

No, definitely not.........I think that he (like most candidates) did not know what he was in for and things quickly got out of his control. So, on second thought, I believe he may have indeed become something of a puppet, but I don't think that was the case in the beginning

I will give you that...I have no doubt that he was arrogant enough to think he would have the world by the balls upon being elected...but now he has been relegated to a lap dog.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:19 pm

beretta24 wrote:I will give you that...I have no doubt that he was arrogant enough to think he would have the world by the balls upon being elected...but now he has been relegated to a lap dog.

Well, we disagree chiefly in degree. I don't think he was any more arrogant than your typical guy running for president, and as for the lapdog comment, I think he's doing all he can under extremely (nearly impossible) circumstances
blackduckdog2
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum