Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hey

954 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  imaduckin up north 
#1 ·
Thot it might be a good idea to post up some thoughts in terms of how I myself try to "moderate" this forum.

Have always believed there's nothing in the world better than a healthy debate or discussion. Everyone has different opinions on things, and know I've participated in thousands. It HAS to be civil to get anywhere.

Know I've never made a friend or learned a dang thing by calling someone names or targeting someones' integrity.

I've a different view on things than others do, (and lord knows, that doesn't make it the gospel by any stretch of the imagination).
I've been on the recieving end of a personal attack, both face to face and on the internet.
The way I see it, is that a lot of times it's the guy who retaliates that always seems get into trouble, and the guy who stuck his finger in someones' eyes walks away unscathed.
You see it in a football game every week. A Defensive lineman gets held/ facemasked for 3 quarters of a game, and when he gets kicked while still on the ground he's finally had enough, gets up and pushes the offender, then gets flagged.

There's a cause and effect for everything- from automobile accidents to house fires.
When a house burns down the contents of the house and what was lost isn't neccessarily the main focus. It's how the fire started that is. Same with an automobile accident.

And to me- it's the same way with bickering, and retaliation. Folks just need to be more accountable for what they say and do.

The fact that someone just took a dump on ya' doesn't give you a license to do the same thing, and use @#%&.
Be careful how you respond, keep it tactful.
The fact that there was some retaliation from someone who you just took a giant dump on, doesn't give you a license to complain.
If YOU started it- YOU'RE going to be held responsible for it. Same as the guy who retaliated.
:beer:

See less See more
#2 ·
swampbilly 1980 said:
Thot it might be a good idea to post up some thoughts in terms of how I myself try to "moderate" this forum.
Thot, should be "thought".
Just sayin...

Something to consider...
Most of us are full grown men (there are a few kids on the forum).
And most of us have been out of high school for a long time (it's been over 30 years for myself).
This is an internet forum.. nothing more.

A good statement was made recently...
and I quote:
bay gunner said:
lbhansford said:
Whenever men congregate to talk, cuttin up is the order of the day.
Always been that way.
So I never understand it when folks get uptight on these forums about poking fun, teasing, etc. Its what happens the whole time on every hunt, every job site, everywhere!
If ya can't have a little fun, it won't be fun.
And it'll be as dead as the American Waterfowlers forum if there isn't any picking, joking, joshin, and funning (just ask his Lewdness).

Moderation, in moderation.... is the key.

Just thot I'd share my thots. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

#4 ·
tsmart said:
swampbilly 1980 said:
Thot, should be "thought".
Just sayin...

Something to consider...
Most of us are full grown men (there are a few kids on the forum).
And most of us have been out of high school for a long time (it's been over 30 years for myself).
This is an internet forum.. nothing more.

A good statement was made recently...
and I quote:
bay gunner said:
lbhansford said:
Whenever men congregate to talk, cuttin up is the order of the day.
Always been that way.
So I never understand it when folks get uptight on these forums about poking fun, teasing, etc. Its what happens the whole time on every hunt, every job site, everywhere!
If ya can't have a little fun, it won't be fun.
And it'll be as dead as the American Waterfowlers forum if there isn't any picking, joking, joshin, and funning (just ask his Lewdness).

Moderation, in moderation.... is the key.

Just thot I'd share my thots. :thumbsup:

Thanks.
+1
THOT it was a good post :thumbsup:
It's supposed to be fun. Where in the world else can you go and talk about Duckin' 24/7? The kids get sick of hearing it, the family, the wife, your non-duckhuntin' friends, the boss, your co-workers, even the Proctologist gets tired of hearing it- EVERYONE gets tired of hearing it x-cept for you guys. :hi:

Think too, as mentioned- that there's a few of us that's been out of high school long enough to know the differences between "poking fun," settling personal differences, and methodically "stirring up crap" :wink:

There is an additional e-motion ( :sarcmark:) that can be used (if necessary) if someone wants to try to "clarify" a post and keep from getting into semantics. "Internet misunderstandings" are easy to get into, and hard to get out of.

Moderation in Moderation-
Would be real nice to someday get to that point :hammer:

Gotta' "get there" first.

"Gotta,.."' short for ---> "Got to" :wink: ( :sarcmark:)

:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.