Why?

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Why?

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:43 pm

They pulled my reply to the thread last night. No PM no nothing. Can anyone tell mre why. Did someone start whining about my opion versus theirs. I'd be more than happy to discuss via PM with the Mod responsible, except they don't identify themselves.
Is this the new way of dealing with dissimilar opinions here now? :huh:
You don't like my opinion, so it's gone? :huh:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Re: Why?

Postby AKPirate » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:37 am

QH's Paw wrote:They pulled my reply to the thread last night. No PM no nothing. Can anyone tell mre why. Did someone start whining about my opion versus theirs. I'd be more than happy to discuss via PM with the Mod responsible, except they don't identify themselves.

Straighten up Mike :lol3:
AKPirate
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:46 am

AKPirate wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:They pulled my reply to the thread last night. No PM no nothing. Can anyone tell mre why. Did someone start whining about my opion versus theirs. I'd be more than happy to discuss via PM with the Mod responsible, except they don't identify themselves.

Straighten up Mike :lol3:

I'm pretty old for change now. :yes:
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby JON » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Same thing happened to me.... whiners....bitchers....complainers.

Some people can't handle the truth. They come on the forum and want everyone to say... nice work...great job... I love your post.

When they realize they said something stupid and were called on it, they whine about it. Must be liberals.
JON
hunter

Postby Tealer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 pm

I am the OR mod, I have no idea what happened. I will ask...
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Someone point out to me what thread was moderated and I'll find out what happened.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:11 pm

I checked the admin logs and don't see anything that stands out that was edited by a mod or admin. With the spammers lately, there is a lot of logs to go through. Let me know the title of the topic and I'll go from there.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 pm

The only locked thread I remember on Oregon Forum.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=314657
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Tealer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:43 pm

QH's Paw wrote:The only locked thread I remember on Oregon Forum.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=314657

I unlocked it.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby AKPirate » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Something got deleted because I read QH Paw's response and it wasn't even close to the line. You should be able to see the mod's name who took those actions in the mod control panel and check the mod logs.
AKPirate
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:01 am

AKPirate wrote:Something got deleted because I read QH Paw's response and it wasn't even close to the line. You should be able to see the mod's name who took those actions in the mod control panel and check the mod logs.

I cannot see the mod logs. At least I don't think I can. I also cant find the posts.

Edit: I found the logs found the mod, cannot find the posts. I can't see anything wrong, though I suspect the thread will spiral. I opened it back up.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby AKPirate » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:15 am

Tealer wrote:
AKPirate wrote:Something got deleted because I read QH Paw's response and it wasn't even close to the line. You should be able to see the mod's name who took those actions in the mod control panel and check the mod logs.

I cannot see the mod logs. At least I don't think I can. I also cant find the posts.

Edit: I found the logs found the mod, cannot find the posts. I can't see anything wrong, though I suspect the thread will spiral. I opened it back up.

No big deal, I knew you didn't do it. Q is always linestepping and will do it again and then he can really get the :hammer:

:yes:
AKPirate
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:33 am

You're just jealous Tim. We're in the rain capitol of the US and we still have more daylight than you and, in a few months, you'll have none at all.ImageImageImage
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:35 am

I looked into it the other day when I first saw this posted. The lock was by Dep6 (as far as I can tell). Not sure why or the context of the situation...that's all I got.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:39 am

QH's Paw wrote:You're just jealous Tim. We're in the rain capitol of the US and we still have more daylight than you and, in a few months, you'll have none at all.ImageImageImage

:yes: I plan to spend mid December to mid January hunting Washington and then with you and the rest of those WCH jerks. :yes:
AKPirate
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm

JON wrote:Same thing happened to me.... whiners....bitchers....complainers.

Some people can't handle the truth. They come on the forum and want everyone to say... nice work...great job... I love your post.

When they realize they said something stupid and were called on it, they whine about it. Must be liberals.

It got locked because this guy JON apparently is a 12 year old kid who gets a kick off of trolling hunting forums.. He said something similar to this: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=318442 after I said I was originally from Arkansas.

I don't think it was nearly close to anything requiring locking the thread, the mod that locked it I guess just didn't like JON's immature comments. I kinda agree, don't be a d*#@ to people new to Oregon - leave the d*#@ behavior in California.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby JON » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Sorry if your panties are all scrunched up. I completely understand though... The truth hurts.
JON
hunter

Postby Tealer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 pm

AKPirate wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:You're just jealous Tim. We're in the rain capitol of the US and we still have more daylight than you and, in a few months, you'll have none at all.ImageImageImage

:yes: I plan to spend mid December to mid January hunting Washington and then with you and the rest of those WCH jerks. :yes:

I'll take you for a hunt when you get to town.
whistlingwings wrote:
JON wrote:Same thing happened to me.... whiners....bitchers....complainers.

It got locked because this guy JON apparently is a 12 year old kid who gets a kick off of trolling hunting forums.. He said something similar to this: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=318442 after I said I was originally from Arkansas.

I don't think it was nearly close to anything requiring locking the thread, the mod that locked it I guess just didn't like JON's immature comments. I kinda agree, don't be a d*#@ to people new to Oregon - leave the d*#@ behavior in California.

From what I have seen Jon's posts are not the problem. You don't have to let him under your skin.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 am

JON wrote:Sorry if your panties are all scrunched up. I completely understand though... The truth hurts.

I thought you had to be at least 13 to create a duckhuntingchat profile? Anyhow, tweens trolling a forum doesn't bother me,. What bothers me is when we get newcomers and the first reply to their "hey I just moved to Oregon" is: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=318442

Great way to kill a discussion forum about duck hunting in Oregon, chastise all the newcomers. JON you'll learn as you get older, treat people well and things will go well for you. This isn't twitter with a bunch of your friends from middle school :no:
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby JON » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am

Respectfully Sir Wings that Whistle,

You have continually insulted me for no apparent reason other than you disagree with my opinions. Newsflash... I disagree with you as well. The only difference is that I stick to the topic at hand and you throw ridiculous insults around the internet like anyone is actually listening.

Furthermore... and again I ask quite respectfully (with a touch of middle school sarcasm), What indeed do you know about duck hunting?
JON
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 am

JON wrote:Respectfully Sir Wings that Whistle,

You have continually insulted me for no apparent reason other than you disagree with my opinions. Newsflash... I disagree with you as well. The only difference is that I stick to the topic at hand and you throw ridiculous insults around the internet like anyone is actually listening.

Furthermore... and again I ask quite respectfully (with a touch of middle school sarcasm), What indeed do you know about duck hunting?

Ha. Stick to the topic at hand? Give me a break kid. My first post here in the Oregon forum, you insulted me, and added no relevant information to the topic (which is why a mod deleted your comment and locked the thread). The first post another new guy just made to the forum, you insulted him for "internet scouting" when he clearly said he wasn't looking for any specific spots, and just wanted to say hi after moving to Oregon. I've been duck hunting for over 20 years, public land in a number of different states, doesn't mean I know more than anyone else though. I do know you're a d@$& and need to grow up, start treating people (yes, even *possible* internet scouters) with a little respect. Or just keep quiet so that those of us who want to talk about duck hunting in Oregon can do it without immature comments being thrown around all day.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:02 pm

You do know Jon is a well educated adult right?
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Tealer wrote:You do know Jon is a well educated adult right?

And? It has been a long time since I've seen a well-educated adult act like a 12 year old kid, insulting people in online forums who are just trying to talk duck hunting.

I'm a well-educated adult and when other well-educated, or otherwise, adults act like pricks I'll call them on it. You want to defend your buddy, fine by me, but I personally can't stand it.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Jim Atlas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:05 pm

whistlingwings wrote:

It has been a long time since I've seen a well-educated adult act like a 12 year old kid....

So I take it you don't follow politics much?
Jim Atlas
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 pm

whistlingwings wrote:

And? It has been a long time since I've seen a well-educated adult act like a 12 year old kid, insulting people in online forums who are just trying to talk duck hunting.

I'm a well-educated adult and when other well-educated, or otherwise, adults act like pricks I'll call them on it. You want to defend your buddy, fine by me, but I personally can't stand it.

Not defending anyone. He isn't my buddy. From what I have read of all your posts, your the one throwing the insults out.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Next

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting