A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.
Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman
Took my 4yo daughter out for her 1st morning duck hunt and had a ball. She got to blow her duck call & eat figgy newtons (a staple in shell bag). I got to shoot my new gun, too bad it's the last day of the south zone but luckily I have to work in Orono next week so north zone here I come! As for the rest of the morning we drank hot chocolate and got 4 teal to boot!
Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
- Posts: 3179
- Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
- Location: The Bunk
Thats awsome. I love to see people getting out the next gen!! Looks like she was having fun.
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 am
- Location: Mid Coast Maine
Oh Bunker what a cutie! That's some great stuff. You can see a similar post from my hunt today in Ma. Although my son is a bit older. But just the same we're passing it on.
- Posts: 1579
- Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
- Location: South Shore, Ma.
She IS a cute one! You really should put that first picture on the wall...great shot. What a special memory!
- Posts: 1114
- Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 pm
- Location: Lincoln Maine
Makes me miss my Grand Children,# 5 0n the way -so far 3 boys, and 1 girl --Boys in Florida, Oldest can go this year--try Hog hunting first..love to see the Ladies out--keeps the Future hunters coming--yes dear you can go hunting --but I am Driving the Boat !!--They grow up way too fast..awesome love the Kid pics.
- Posts: 722
- Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:19 am
Great stuff, congrats!
"Pass a Tradition Along"
- Posts: 714
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:38 am
- Location: Shapleigh, Maine
adorable. there's a good chance that she is already better on the duck call than I am. ha
Eschutz wrote:1. Find urban/suburban pond, 5 acres or less is ideal.
2. Ask yourself, you think anyone has the balls to hunt this?
3. Pound the piss out of it and collect band money.
4. Come back following day, check for no trespass signs, repeat #3 accordingly.
- Posts: 3149
- Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
- Location: MASS
Fantastic! I have to get my daughter a pink call now.
She'll have to fight with The Better Half for it, though...
Great to see the kids out there and learning early on.
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:29 pm
- Location: Concord, MA
Return to Maine Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest