Duck Hunting Forum banner

trip question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  drew_timothy 
#1 ·
Me and my group are thinking of comin out to webster this year on nov 3 to the 8th. I was just wondering what we can expect for bird numbers around the area. Usually we hunt early in the year. We want to try to mainy field hunt mallards and geese, and water hunt for divers. Any tips appreciated Thanks!

#3 ·
My buddy has a cabin on lake Enemy Swim so we hunt day county a few times a year. There is lots of water in the area, obviously, but a lot of hunting that time of year depends on the weather. Were expecting colder temperatures this week already, so some of the smaller pot holes could be frozen up. Might be easy to break ice however. Id start by looking at larger bodies of water, and finding picked fields near areas holding birds. It all comes down to scouting though as previously mentioned. I cant give you exact areas, since that all depends on where the birds want to be, but find a good concentration and see where they go. You might have picked a great time to come, the migration could be well under way in a couple of weeks. Havent seen new birds yet along 212 but it wont be long if we get the cold snap theyre predicting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.