quiet goose call

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

quiet goose call

Postby rmmj351 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:26 am

I'm looking for a call to use on the small ponds in Nh. Typically around 10 sacred or under. Currently using a meat grinder that is Just way too loud. Anyone recommend something that does a good job without so much high end blast? Thanks!
rmmj351
Newb

Re: quiet goose call

Postby hankyorke » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:45 am

Winglock Whisperer!
hankyorke
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:40 pm

X2

The Whisperer is a great choice for this application.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby MinnesotaGreybrow » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Sean Mann Sweetalker is made for this
MinnesotaGreybrow
hunter

Postby Marcus Riley » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:34 am

Why sell yourself short and get a call that will only do one thing, the whisperer is a one trick pony if you ask me. Most properly tuned calls should be able to get soft and low, that being said i suggest a HYBRID or PCS from Gander valley Calls. They can do it all but the low end is easy to get and it sounds very realistic. If you get calls from some of the smaller guys you can request special tunings, call Mark at GVCC trust me you will not be disappointed.
Teach your children to hunt.... and you won't have to hunt for your children.
Marcus Riley
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:01 am

Marcus Riley wrote:Why sell yourself short and get a call that will only do one thing, the whisperer is a one trick pony if you ask me. Most properly tuned calls should be able to get soft and low, that being said i suggest a HYBRID or PCS from Gander valley Calls. They can do it all but the low end is easy to get and it sounds very realistic. If you get calls from some of the smaller guys you can request special tunings, call Mark at GVCC trust me you will not be disappointed.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about...but hey, that ok... :beer: :thumbsup:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm

goosehunter64 wrote:
Marcus Riley wrote:Why sell yourself short and get a call that will only do one thing, the whisperer is a one trick pony if you ask me. Most properly tuned calls should be able to get soft and low, that being said i suggest a HYBRID or PCS from Gander valley Calls. They can do it all but the low end is easy to get and it sounds very realistic. If you get calls from some of the smaller guys you can request special tunings, call Mark at GVCC trust me you will not be disappointed.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about...but hey, that ok... :beer: :thumbsup:

No he's actually right. If you know how to run a call you can make any call soft. I gaurantee that I can make my loud comp call just as soft or softer than anybody on a quiet call. It's all about air control and hand position. All a quiet call does is limit you
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:

No he's actually right. If you know how to run a call you can make any call soft. I gaurantee that I can make my loud comp call just as soft or softer than anybody on a quiet call. It's all about air control and hand position. All a quiet call does is limit you

:lol: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
The whisperer is not a comp call.....it just FLAT OUT puts geese in your decoys.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:03 pm

goosehunter64 wrote:

Would have to agree with Trevor on this one.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:15 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:

Would have to agree with Trevor on this one.

I'm giving credit here.... both of you are way more advanced than the average caller. I'm sure Trevor could make the whisperer sound awesome too. I got a 9 r. old newbie to run the whisperer good enough for non-contest calling. I'm not bragging, just saying a 9 yr. old can run a whisperer for some hunting scenarios.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:22 pm

If you get used to running one call with lots of range...you won't always be looking for that "perfect" call.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:00 am

mayhem96 wrote:If you get used to running one call with lots of range...you won't always be looking for that "perfect" call.

You trying to pretend you're done checking out new calls so you don't miss something you'd wish you hadn't?
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Yes..an accomplished caller can make most calls quiet...but the whisperer can make anyone accomplished... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 pm

goosehunter64 wrote:Yes..an accomplished caller can make most calls quiet...but the whisperer can make anyone accomplished... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hence the name..... Whisperer. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 pm

biscuitsandgravy wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:Yes..an accomplished caller can make most calls quiet...but the whisperer can make anyone accomplished... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hence the name..... Whisperer. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hahaha...yes sir...I love mine. :thumbsup:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 am

get something in wood. My hedge Real Thang,...wherever it went, was much quieter then my acrylic one.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 am

And I would have to disagree as I have never heard anyone sound accomplished on one. Rick makes some good sounding calls, I just don't feel that that's one of them, to me I look at it as a kids call, something they can break over with little lungs
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 am

Why did Rick make the Whisperer? Was it for contests...? or contest callers...?

Or was it to have a quiet, goosey call for people in the exact situation the OP?

This was a question about a call that can match up well with a louder call... is the Whisperer not a good match...?

Is the Whisperer a call that has complete tonal range?

Trevor is 100% correct. The answer is no.

Does the call do what it is advertised to do? The answer is a resounding yes.

But that wasn't the question. So maybe we can put our d!cks away and stop the p!ssing match about the best call for all situations, and answer the OPs question.

rmmj351,

If you are looking for a quiet call, the Whisperer will be one...

Now, someone tell me where I'm wrong.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:58 am

Trevor Shannahan wrote:

And I would have to disagree as I have never heard anyone sound accomplished on one. Rick makes some good sounding calls, I just don't feel that that's one of them, to me I look at it as a kids call, something they can break over with little lungs

Trevor...let me say this. I'm not going to waste the amount of air I would put into a whisperer on you....cuz your IQ couldn't retain the meaning...so have a nice day..
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:05 am

Gunnysway wrote:Why did Rick make the Whisperer? Was it for contests...? or contest callers...?

Or was it to have a quiet, goosey call for people in the exact situation the OP?

This was a question about a call that can match up well with a louder call... is the Whisperer not a good match...?

Is the Whisperer a call that has complete tonal range?

Trevor is 100% correct. The answer is no.

Does the call do what it is advertised to do? The answer is a resounding yes.

But that wasn't the question. So maybe we can put our d!cks away and stop the p!ssing match about the best call for all situations, and answer the OPs question.

rmmj351,

If you are looking for a quiet call, the Whisperer will be one...

Now, someone tell me where I'm wrong.

You are not wrong...and there is only one **** that needs to be put away... :lol3:
The whisperer was designed for these specific areas. Small closed in fields, ponds and rivers. It's a very close in call..so could be used in any situation. If most callers can't get quiet on their regular call...which I see tons of guys asking how.....this call will fir the bill.
So, the many of us that have this call and really enjoy running it...are compared to children...then I'm guilty of that. I'm a 50 year old 10 yr old...and I never plan on growing up so there :tongue: :wink:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 am

goosehunter64 wrote:
Trevor Shannahan wrote:

Trevor...let me say this. I'm not going to waste the amount of air I would put into a whisperer on you....cuz your IQ couldn't retain the meaning...so have a nice day..

It seems to be you with the low IQ, offering "skype calling lessons" when you need them yourself :huh: :no:
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby Marcus Riley » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:12 am

goosehunter64 wrote:

Goosehunter64 I have not been on much and just seen your response. I think it is you that doesn't know what he is talking about. I have ran Ricks calls and I was not bashing him or his calls but the whisperer is a one trick pony. Kind of gives it away with the name he choose for it. And if your a good caller you can get quiet on any decent call. That is a fact! :hi: I have seen your tutorials and I am just saying maybe practice more before you go offering lessons and suggestions. It is nice you want to help but to teach you need to know more than the basics in my opinion. I am not here to argue but man you sure got this one backwards. :beer: But hey that's OK. :thumbsup:
Teach your children to hunt.... and you won't have to hunt for your children.
Marcus Riley
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:59 pm

:beer: :beer:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum