Best Load for Your Buck

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Re: Best Load for Your Buck

Postby greenster » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Just for the record..I don't shoot those, just giving price details. I shoot 3" Kent 1 1/4 #3 $129 at macks PW
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby John Duck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm

BBK wrote:
Bull Can wrote:I usually shoot speed-shok and x-pert exclusively but recently I've noticed that speed-shok is a dirty load. My barrel has a lot of unburned shot. I do like x-perts though they seem to be reasonable. What were you saying about kents? I've never tried em but know a ton of people that do.

He was trying to say that kents are fast (FASTeel) and that fast is a gimmick. Kents are no faster than any other load, maybe 25fps max on some of them and they are one HELL of a good load!

Right, even proves more that indeed they are a gimmick!
John Duck
hunter

Postby z51 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:44 pm

It doesn't "prove" anything, it's simply branding. You are proving you don't know much about, well, anything. But you have opinions, I'll give you that.
Well, are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
z51
hunter

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:00 pm

z51 wrote:
Quack Wacker NC wrote:
greenster wrote:Here's a local ad. Good all the time.

I know they shut down there online store do u know if they will ship if I call them?

I don't know, call them and see.

Yeah I called them and they won't
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby John Duck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm

z51 wrote:It doesn't "prove" anything, it's simply branding. You are proving you don't know much about, well, anything. But you have opinions, I'll give you that.

Yes, It's simply branding? Simply? I don't think Billions spend yearly on advertising is Simply. It's designed for the simple minded, I'll give you that.
John Duck
hunter

Postby z51 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 am

O K are you Scully or Mulder? Do you ever wonder why they call it Charmin, rather than "that stuff you wipe your arse with". Branding has a purpose. Not everything is a capitalist plot.
Well, are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
z51
hunter

Postby John Duck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 pm

z51 wrote:O K are you Scully or Mulder? Do you ever wonder why they call it Charmin, rather than "that stuff you wipe your arse with". Branding has a purpose. Not everything is a capitalist plot.

Who are Scully or Mulder? Don't watch TV or movies for 10 years like I did and see how you opinion may change. Change the "Window to YOUR World" That is why I waterfowl, to keep based in reality and meaning.
John Duck
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes