anyone know how to contact don oaks?

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

anyone know how to contact don oaks?

Postby Southernmaineduckhunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 am

i tried to find him but can not- i know he hunts in wells but no one has any info- and i have been struggling with this boat!! last week before the end of the season i tried the saco river- and the was doing ok, until the tide turned by the College and i got into a mess!!! i could not go against the tide- i met two fisherman who hauled me to the landing and one of them knew Oaks and said he has watched him go against the tide- with ease! any one have any info on his number? thanks- i wanted to practice while the season was off- but after last time i am nervous to head out- :huh:
Southernmaineduckhunter
hunter

Re: anyone know how to contact don oaks?

Postby Bunker » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 am

His screen name is DLHO, try PM-ing him. If that doesn't work let me know.

Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
Bunker
hunter

Postby Southernmaineduckhunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 am

i did- nothing from him??? does he go on this forum??? do you know him? thanks alot
Southernmaineduckhunter
hunter

Postby RedDog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:23 am

He only shows up here every once in awhile. Anyway, I don't think anyone can scull against the tide at a river mouth... Glad you made it back. Bring a small motor, or bring oars for rowing if it's rigged for them.
RedDog
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:54 pm

He's on facebook on the maine waterfowl hunters group. He posts there a lot. Donald Oaks

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby NTaxiarchis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 pm

RedDog wrote:He only shows up here every once in awhile. Anyway, I don't think anyone can scull against the tide at a river mouth... Glad you made it back. Bring a small motor, or bring oars for rowing if it's rigged for them.

Donald can. I've been in the boat with him while he did it. I agree though. Motor trumps sculling for me.
NTaxiarchis
hunter

Postby Southernmaineduckhunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 pm

i would love to see him scull against a tide!!! one of the fisherman that towed be back said he had seen him in jetty in Wells Maine on a outgoing rip tide and scull back to his schack- thanks for the help-
Southernmaineduckhunter
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting