Call question

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: Call question

Postby stdntoflkmre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:40 am

Another newbie here.

4wheeldrive wrote:Drop the calls Azarnazar and get yourself a nice black flag .

+1 You don't want the feather pattern ones. The blacker the better. Also, I like the long ones. Or you could attach a regular one to long sturdy fishing rod too. There was a guy on the internet that used to have some that were solid black with long, thick shafts, but I can't remember the website.

You get one of those Azar and you won't be worrying about calling geese.
stdntoflkmre
Newb

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:26 am

stdntoflkmre wrote:
...The blacker the better. Also, I like the long ones. ... a guy on the internet that used to have some that were solid black with long, thick shafts, ....

You do know this is DUCKhuntingchat.com, right? :lol:
supr87gt
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 am

Azarnazar wrote:Good idea on the flag. As for mr.87gt you really seem to know your geese just curious how many did you kill last year? Do you get into them good every year

I actually dont hunt. I just make smart *** comments on the internet. :beer:
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 am

Im sorry i just thought someone with your expertise would post a few pictures of hunts once in awhile. Although u probably dont have the time with all the crying about skybusters and oosers :beer:
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Azarnazar wrote:Im sorry i just thought someone with your expertise would post a few pictures of hunts once in awhile. Although u probably dont have the time with all the crying about skybusters and oosers :beer:

Nah. Then you'd be able to see the deer decoys I use in my spread.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Dont let that stop you there goose hound. I know what a deer decoy looks like. Im just dont what you and a limit of honks look like :beer:
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Azarnazar, first, numbers never matter at least not in my book. Yes, they are nice to track, but never flaunt. Majority taunt those that post kill counts in their signature. Also, I never take pictures. Why? I video most my hunts. I hunted with a duck club up North that forbid technology in the pits. No video, no pictures and no cellphones allowed. He is 74 and old school. To each their own.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Kk i partially agree with you. Say you are hunting an area that luck plays a role in where you hunt(braidwood) in such an area numbers dont matter to me unless you are in a middle to end pick and can still walk away with birds in the bag. To me that shows you know what you are doing. Now if i am hunting an area that i scouted and i found the birds and dont shoot a limit then i am disappointed in myself for not getting the job done and in that case its a numbers game. Now for people like 87gt who only rely on the draw and constantly bitch about how the lake is full of skybusters and oosers but still wont scout for different birds or drive to different areas but still come on here thinking you have a big goosehunter crank then i tend to wonder if these guys even shoot many birds THE END
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Azarnazar wrote: Now for people like 87gt who only rely on the draw and constantly bitch about how the lake is full of skybusters and oosers but still wont scout for different birds or drive to different areas but still come on here thinking you have a big goosehunter crank then i tend to wonder if these guys even shoot many birds THE END

Ill think of you pass shooting geese while I'm killing them in my face out of a pit.

Actually I lied. I don't really care about you enough to think of you.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby 4wheeldrive » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:46 pm

There u go Azarnazar just hunt with 87gt and u will shoot em the face, the end of all ur problems!
4wheeldrive
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 pm

4wheeldrive wrote:There u go Azarnazar just hunt with 87gt and u will shoot em the face, the end of all ur problems!

I just re-read this thread. I failed to see an invitation.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Azarnazar wrote:Kk i partially agree with you. Say you are hunting an area that luck plays a role in where you hunt(braidwood) in such an area numbers dont matter to me unless you are in a middle to end pick and can still walk away with birds in the bag. To me that shows you know what you are doing. Now if i am hunting an area that i scouted and i found the birds and dont shoot a limit then i am disappointed in myself for not getting the job done and in that case its a numbers game. Now for people like 87gt who only rely on the draw and constantly bitch about how the lake is full of skybusters and oosers but still wont scout for different birds or drive to different areas but still come on here thinking you have a big goosehunter crank then i tend to wonder if these guys even shoot many birds THE END

I understand your theory on luck. Braidwood is luck of the draw. It's up to the hunter to produce the given blind post. Supr doesn't only hunt Braidwood. Judgement on yardage could use some improvement all around. Patience is key.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Sorry to bring up the validity of your goose hunting abilities but what club do u belong to and how many birds did your pit shoot last year
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Who you asking?
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Spr87 sorry i should have cleared kk
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 pm

I like popcorn..... and tater tots.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Azarnazar wrote:Sorry to bring up the validity of your goose hunting abilities but what club do u belong to and how many birds did your pit shoot last year

I don't belong to a club. I tend to not count birds that I kill either. I do know that 3 people killed their first birds last year with me. Including my son who was 6 at the time. That type of thing is more important sometimes than killing your limit. There were days when I didn't pick up my gun, but the friends I brought along did. It's as much fun sometimes calling them in close so newbies can experience it.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:17 pm

That doesnt answer my whole question killer and can i get sum dem tots
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:21 pm

biscuitsandgravy wrote:I like popcorn..... and tater tots.

Ha! I thought that it was B&G.

supr87gt wrote:There were days when I didn't pick up my gun, but the friends I brought along did. It's as much fun sometimes calling them in close so newbies can experience it.

On point! :thumbsup: Alex, if you are reading this you will get your first duck Saturday! Three years is too long of wait.

But, there is but, I use to hunt with a guy who said that every duck hit he hit it. :huh:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Azarnazar wrote:That doesnt answer my whole question killer...

I am not following you. What question?!?!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Sorry again kk was meant for 87gt
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Azarnazar wrote:That doesnt answer my whole question killer and can i get sum dem tots

Is this a lame attempt at trying to act Cajun even though you live in Illinois or are you just going full on stupid?
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Azarnazar wrote:That doesnt answer my whole question killer and can i get sum dem tots

You asked 2 questions.

1. What club do I belong to.

2. How many birds did my pit kill last year.

Re-read my post. No club. And I don't count birds.

Should I use construction paper and crayons for you the next time you ask the same question?
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Well arent you just a gentleman mr.gt also kinda funny you cry about all the hunters in the area like you own the place but u dont mind not shooting birds???? Soooooo whats with all the bitchin do you just not like seeing other hunters who also may have a kid or new hunter with them?
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Didnt see second post when i posted
Azarnazar
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting