anyone looking for new hunting buds?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

anyone looking for new hunting buds?

Postby TheMiz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Almost all of my hunting buddies in Kansas have moved to Nebraska or Texas since college and no one at at my work duck hunts, so I really don't have anyone to hunt with anymore. I have a boat w/blind and 100+ duck decoys. I hunt around Kansas city (perry, hillsdale, KS river, MDC, lacygne). PM if you're interested in hunting.
TheMiz
hunter

Re: anyone looking for new hunting buds?

Postby quackattack1991 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Your avatar pic creeps me out too much.

JK, I'm nowhere close to you anyway. Good luck in your search.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby TheMiz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 am

lol, it's just Milton from Office Space
TheMiz
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:44 am

I think that if you go out by yourself a few times, and are friendly at the launch ramps/courteous in your hunting, and moderately successful, you'll find someone else in the same situation who will become a good hunting buddy.
Don't be afraid to go it alone. You'll learn a great deal. Perhaps you are going solo now and just prefer to share the experience, I don't know. Either way, I hope your Kansas waterfowl hunting is fruitful and satisfying.

I primarily hunt alone....and most times prefer it that way.... but I don't hunt the same areas you do. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Once comfortable with the solitude. Hunting alone is a peaceful almost spiritual experience.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:52 pm

I agree, but sometimes it's nice to be out there with your buddies just having a good time. When you need to get away and refuel the tank, being by yourself is awesome. On a random Saturday when the birds are moving, I want to enjoy it with my buds.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby TheMiz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:52 am

Yup. It can get boring out there by yourself while nothing is moving or when your waiting for shooting time in the dark for an hour or two. Also depending on how many decoys you're throwing out, it can be a lot of work by yourself.
TheMiz
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:56 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:Hunting alone is a peaceful almost spiritual experience.

I agree; hunting by yourself can be very spiritual.

TheMiz wrote:Yup. It can get boring out there by yourself Also, it can be a lot of work by yourself.

Well why didn't you say that you are looking for someone to entertain you and help with the labor. That's fair.

But boring? I don't ever find myself boring! Too many things to think about....so much anticipation!!
An hour alone with the Creator, in the middle of His creation....it can be awesome.
And the more work you invest, the greater the satisfaction. That's what I've found, anyway. The easier it is, the less value it has.

Duck hunting as team sport? :no: Duck hunting is a solitary sport, that can be and often is shared with others.

I hope you find another person who has the same view of duck hunting as you do. It shouldn't be difficult; there are plenty out there. Best of luck to ya'. :thumbsup:
Last edited by mudpack on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mudpack
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:06 pm

I like to hunt alone some times.

I have a great bunch to hunt with. The Krew keeps me occupied much of the season. However if you have some private land you want to take me on, I am open to new ideas.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby TheMiz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 am

mudpack wrote:Well why didn't you say that you are looking for someone to entertain you and help with the labor. That's fair.

Ha, way to break it down to the bare bones.
TheMiz
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 pm

mudpack wrote:
EcatMagoo wrote:Hunting alone is a peaceful almost spiritual experience.

I agree; hunting by yourself can be very spiritual.

TheMiz wrote:Yup. It can get boring out there by yourself Also, it can be a lot of work by yourself.

Well why didn't you say that you are looking for someone to entertain you and help with the labor. That's fair.

But boring? I don't ever find myself boring! Too many things to think about....so much anticipation!!
An hour alone with the Creator, in the middle of His creation....it can be awesome.
And the more work you invest, the greater the satisfaction. That's what I've found, anyway. The easier it is, the less value it has.

Duck hunting as team sport? :no: Duck hunting is a solitary sport, that can be and often is shared with others.

I hope you find another person who has the same view of duck hunting as you do. It shouldn't be difficult; there are plenty out there. Best of luck to ya'. :thumbsup:

So refreshing! I wish more people thought like you. I get so tired of hearing groups of 4 laugh, joke, and even sing from 1/2 mile away. Unless you are my hunting partner I should NEVER be able to her your voice while we are duck hunting. Duck hunting IMO is not a party.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:06 pm

ECAT ^5 on that statement
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby TomKat » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 am

Ecat I dont mind sharing good times with friends in the marsh. Ofcourse my friends are hunters, we keep the chatter down.

TomKat
Dorothy

Postby EcatMagoo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:23 am

TomKat wrote:Ecat I dont mind sharing good times with friends in the marsh. Ofcourse my friends are hunters, we keep the chatter down.

Tomkat, I liked sharing times with friends too. Its the loud obnoxious groups im talking about.
Last edited by EcatMagoo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:42 am

Only person I really enjoy hunting with is my brother. I'll hunt with a few others, and I'll hunt 3 people from time to time. For me 4 is a crowd, and I rather enjoy being out there just me and the dog.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:10 pm

When duck hunting I really dont like hunting with a bunch of people, my favorite memories of duck hunting has been from solo hunts. Now goose hunting on the other hand sometimes you cant have enough help. :hammer:
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 96
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:
TomKat wrote:Ecat I dont mind sharing good times with friends in the marsh. Ofcourse my friends are hunters, we keep the chatter down.

Tomkat, I liked sharing times with friends too. Its the loud obnoxious groups im talking about.

AGREE. I wont duck hunt with more than 4, would rather have 2-3 in a group.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Vmalter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 pm

I just moved to Gardner KS from Missouri and am very unfamiliar with the area so am looking for places to hunt and people to hunt with! Let me know if you're ever going out and need someone to go with!
Vmalter
Newb

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting