Comorants

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Comorants

Postby Dallashunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Can we shoot those greasy things? I never really cared to waste a shell at them but I've been seeing a ton of them around and I know the effects they've taken on the 1000 islands regions. Just want to clarify if we can whack them if the ducks are slow. Thanks
Dallashunter
hunter

Re: Comorants

Postby Huntfish12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:29 am

yup
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 am

Shoot a few hawks while your at it :thumbsup:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby 001kds » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 am

Don't listen to him. Your not allowed to shoot hawks. Don't forget you have to call and report all the comorants you shoot to the PCG regional office in the area you hunted.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:04 am

Cormorants are protected in Pa. Some states you can kill them, but not here. While I laughed at the guys who responded, we can't let anybody asking these types of things walk away thinking it's okay to do. Next we'll post up 'Yeah, some idiotsw were blasting away at the cormorants up on pymo'.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby B.E.Nelli » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:10 am

Can't kill em in Missouri either...I didn't know any state allowed it. Are they edible?
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby Dallashunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:13 am

thank you Don, i do not appreciate the smarta$$ answers from everyone else. I was unsure of something and asked people who would inform me of it not just put up BS, i have seen the environmental damage the cormorants can cause but was unaware of their protection in our state. smh at the guys on here who would rather screw around with another duck hunter than just give an answer.. think some of you need to grow up
Dallashunter
hunter

Postby BrentwoodDucker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:39 am

Dont worry Dallashunter,

You'll notice alot of professionals on here that would rather bust someones chops than help them out.

Especially the ones that have most likely broken the law in the past.
BrentwoodDucker
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:52 am

Come on! What's a comorant or two between friends?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Spunky » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Every year I see guys shooting at them. Must be one tough bird because I see few knocked down. I thnk up in Michigan or Minnesota they are legal to shoot. I think I remember one of those states letting you shoot them because of all the damage they are doing to the fisheries. If you ever watch them real close they will eat so much that they can't fly. They will reguritate the stomach contents and than be able to fly and go right back to eating again.
Spunky
hunter

Postby tsaylor1979 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Like seagulls they are protected, and like seagulls I would love to unload on them everytime I see them.
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby walnuts4x4 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Seagulls can also be albino crows then they have a season.... Lol just kidding

Misspelling by tapatalk
walnuts4x4
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting