Sums It Up Perfectly

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Sums It Up Perfectly

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Came across this from a member here who posted it elsewhere. Really not much to be argued here, but I'm sure a liberal or two will certainly try. The whole article was good, but this part sums it up:

The fact is, you can rail against my conservatism all you wish. You can make fun of my Tea Party gatherings, and you can ridicule patriots in tri-corner hats until you wet yourself from mirth, but one thing is for certain: my political philosophy will NEVER be a threat to your freedom. If you feel a burning responsibility to the poor, conservatism will never prevent you from working 80 hours per week and donating all of your income to charity. If you feel a strong sense of pity for a family who cannot afford health insurance, my political philosophy will never prevent you from purchasing health insurance for this family or raising money to do so, if you cannot afford it, personally. If you are moved with compassion for a family who is homeless, a conservative will never use the police power of government to prevent you from taking that family in to your own home or mobilizing your community to build one for them.

However, you cannot say the same for liberalism. If I choose not to give to the poor for whatever reason, you won’t simply try to persuade me on the merits of the idea — you will seek to use the government as an instrument of plunder to force me to give to the poor. If we are walking down the street together and we spot a homeless person, using this logic, you would not simply be content with giving him $20 from your own pocket — you would hold a gun to my head and force me to give him $20, as well.

Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle.

Here's the link to the whole article. It's very much worth the read.

http://sufficient-reason.tumblr.com/post/26781491317/dear-liberal-heres-why-im-so-hostile
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: Sums It Up Perfectly

Postby AKPirate » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 pm

assateague wrote:Came across this from a member here who posted it elsewhere. Really not much to be argued here, but I'm sure a liberal or two will certainly try. The whole article was good, but this part sums it up:

The fact is, you can rail against my conservatism all you wish. You can make fun of my Tea Party gatherings, and you can ridicule patriots in tri-corner hats until you wet yourself from mirth, but one thing is for certain: my political philosophy will NEVER be a threat to your freedom. If you feel a burning responsibility to the poor, conservatism will never prevent you from working 80 hours per week and donating all of your income to charity. If you feel a strong sense of pity for a family who cannot afford health insurance, my political philosophy will never prevent you from purchasing health insurance for this family or raising money to do so, if you cannot afford it, personally. If you are moved with compassion for a family who is homeless, a conservative will never use the police power of government to prevent you from taking that family in to your own home or mobilizing your community to build one for them.

However, you cannot say the same for liberalism. If I choose not to give to the poor for whatever reason, you won’t simply try to persuade me on the merits of the idea — you will seek to use the government as an instrument of plunder to force me to give to the poor. If we are walking down the street together and we spot a homeless person, using this logic, you would not simply be content with giving him $20 from your own pocket — you would hold a gun to my head and force me to give him $20, as well.

Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle.

Here's the link to the whole article. It's very much worth the read.

http://sufficient-reason.tumblr.com/post/26781491317/dear-liberal-heres-why-im-so-hostile

That's awesome. :thumbsup:
AKPirate
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Good stuff AT. Somebody will argue though. :thumbsup:
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby Andy W » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:40 am

Very well said.
Andy W
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:51 am

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Bloke » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 am

Very nice, Very true :clapping:
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Sums it up very nicely.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indawoods » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

stole my thunder.

now I don't have to post it. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Sorry brother!
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby dave79 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Indawoods wrote:stole my thunder.

now I don't have to post it. :thumbsup:

x2
dave79
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:13 am

Jarbo03 wrote:Good stuff AT. Somebody will argue though. :thumbsup:

I hear crickets....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:17 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:Good stuff AT. Somebody will argue though. :thumbsup:

I hear crickets....

Disappointing...I love watching a good AT debate unfold! :grin:
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum