Migration

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Migration

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Migration has shown promise this morning. First thirty minutes brought high flying impressive bunched up flocks headin' South. First I have seen this season. We can't complain we need more ducks. They are already here and will only improve. Separate reports from duckers at Horicon ducks are dumping in daily and mostly at night. In just under three weeks Horicon almost doubled their survey.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Re: Migration

Postby WTRlabDOG » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 pm

:thumbsup:
Please check out my website @ http://www.capitol-outdoorsman..com

Follow me on twitter @capitoloutdoors
Follow me on facebook @ capitoloutdoorsman
WTRlabDOG
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:31 pm

And, P.S., if you are at a launch and BSing with others, move your rig over and give people ready the right-of-way. Please don't block the launch. Other hunters are on schedules. Also, don't strap and unload the your boat on the ramp. :no: :fingerpt: :mad:

I am done now. :beer:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up KK, just got told to take some time off today, my timing is impeccable. :yes:

Also, would like to see guys turn off there headlights when on multi- lane ramps, makes backing a whole lot easier. :beer:
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby SHOTOUT17 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm

all that stuff should be a no brainer !
SHOTOUT17
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Sure isn't. That is for sure. Terrible. It's top of mind for me to dump and leave. Always. Even if I am fishing.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

got a field to hunt sunday that is loaded with geese and mallards, counting the days.....
asmythe32
hunter

Postby rism » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 am

Question - I also would like to see the headlights off on the ramps, but, What about the DRL's ? Mine will only go off when I shut the engine off. Anybody else ??
rism
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 am

rism wrote:Question - I also would like to see the headlights off on the ramps, but, What about the DRL's ? Mine will only go off when I shut the engine off. Anybody else ??

Set your parking brake just enough to drag but not lock up the brakes.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

KillerKowalski wrote:And, P.S., if you are at a launch and BSing with others, move your rig over and give people ready the right-of-way. Please don't block the launch. Other hunters are on schedules. Also, don't strap and unload the your boat on the ramp. :no: :fingerpt: :mad:

I am done now. :beer:

Thank you for saying this KK. I ran into THOSE guys, and had the EXACT same conversation with a group of 3 opening day. :no:

The next morning, those same idiots came out 30mins AFTER LST, then set up about 100yds from me, in a silver Bass Tracker with NO CAMO, One of the guys wore a white hoodie with a RED hat, I yelled at them ( didn't want to but I had to ) then they moved about 50 yards further South and proceeded to skybust at EVERYTHING including an honest to God, got-damned CORMORANT!!! That got them the verbal salute from from 3 or 4 other parties as well. They then proceeded to leave, and in the process get stuck on a sandbar about 100-yards from us just as we were working in a group of about 20 honkers :mad:

Last they went about a mile downstream and decided it would be a good idea to start a fire on the shoreline in between another few groups of hunters.

Those guys put on the most accurate display of how not to duck hunt that I've ever seen. If I ever see them again it will be too soon.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:00 am

Uneducated people never cease to amaze me. I work for 911. Today, I had a lady call 911 and only called to see if anyone actually answers... :fingerhead:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby rism » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 am

Hey BC870 - Are you sure they were actually hunters ? May have been PETA ? Call the Green jackets. There's laws against hunter harassment !!
rism
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:02 am

I have a camper on the Miss. Our summer weekend entertainment is watching the boaters put in and out. Being already back from fishing, it's hilarious to watch 4 ramps backed up because some idiots can't back a trailer, then load everything from the car to the boat while on the ramp. In the evening, it's even more entertaining. Watching drunks trying to back trailers, when they weren't that competent anyway, is a real treat.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:29 am

rism wrote:Hey BC870 - Are you sure they were actually hunters ? May have been PETA ? Call the Green jackets. There's laws against hunter harassment !!

I dont know if I'd consider them "hunters"RISM :thumbsup: And, if they were PETA members then they were piss-poor at that as well, they tried to shoot a cormorant :no:

Oh, and it just so happened that green jeans was at the ramp when we were leaving, and they were informed. Not sure they did anything though
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:45 am

And keep in mind that the west bank has 5 new blind posts this year. It's a quick straight shot from the launch and with the southwest winds tomorrow, it should be dynamite!! Good luck everyone!!
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 am

Long drive from arkie town eh woodhunter
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby herpin1579 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Dnr is useless there. Watched a guy shoot a swan then drive the boat out to it. Guy claimed he was taking his son out to see what it was. Dnr said he couldn't do anything because the guy wouldn't admit it. ***?
Mike Brown
Bowfishing Association of Illinois director
herpin1579
hunter

Postby stdntoflkmre » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Braidwood Hunter wrote:And keep in mind that the west bank has 5 new blind posts this year. It's a quick straight shot from the launch and with the southwest winds tomorrow, it should be dynamite!! Good luck everyone!!

I heard this to...? I was also told they are walk-in blinds, that's where I am going in the morning....does anyone know if you can just park on the side of k3 road and climb up over the berm or what? I guess I will find out in a few hours! :beer:
stdntoflkmre
Newb

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 pm

For those that believe the blind posts were added, it was a joke I made on another forum. Please don't walk the berm or park on K3. The clubs already have enough problems with trespassers. FYI one club owner is a Grundy Co. Deputy who patrols K3 on a regular basis.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:47 am

KillerKowalski wrote:For those that believe the blind posts were added, it was a joke I made on another. Please don't walk the berm or park on K3. The clubs already have enough problems with trespassers. FYI one club owner is a Grundy Co. Deputy who patrols K3 on a regular basis.

LOL'ing at this and the post above. Someone's about to have a rough start.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby stdntoflkmre » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:16 pm

^^^ ....yea. Found this out the hard way. Waste of an opening morning...
stdntoflkmre
Newb

Postby supr87gt » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:27 pm

stdntoflkmre wrote:^^^ ....yea. Found this out the hard way. Waste of an opening morning...

I'm sure it could be worse. You could have been the guys getting ticketed at the boat ramp!!! :thumbsup:
supr87gt
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:33 pm

rism wrote:Hey BC870 - Are you sure they were actually hunters ? May have been PETA ? Call the Green jackets. There's laws against hunter harassment !!

Considering how the topic has changed I figured this would fit well. http://www.wildfowlmag.com/wisconsin-du ... s-nut.html
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Funny joke Killa. Real funny. Thing is the clubs don't own the berm so I don't see a problem with walking to the new stakes from k3. And it's good to know that the hard-working people of Grundy County are paying an officer to patrol his goose club road and scout geese .
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 am

Braidwood Hunter wrote:Funny joke Killa. Real funny.

I thought it was really funny! A lot of people believed it. Just like the North launch was open. I sent you a PM for the rest.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Next

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting