introducing jax

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

introducing jax

Postby ksjax » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 pm

hey guys, long time follower but 1st post. I go to pick up my new chocolate lab Saturday. very excited and ready to get my little boy. he will be doing a little bit of everything. going to work him this year to be ready for dove and upland next year
maybe a little introduction to duck hunting next fall. we will see either way this is going to be fun!!!!!!
Attachments
frmReadMail_Attachment.jpg
frmReadMail_Attachment.jpg (1.34 KiB) Viewed 373 times
ksjax
Newb

Re: introducing jax

Postby Holeinmywaders » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11 pm

My lab is named Jax. I will tell you that I wish I hadn't named him that because Jax is a bit too close to the command "Back" when you are in the field running a blind. So if you send him on a marked bird and you call his name it will sound close to the Back command.

Just a heads up. I am sure all will be fine, I just personally regret it. It was a name forced on me by the rest of the family. :sad:
Holeinmywaders
hunter

Re: introducing jax

Postby Duck_Popper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:34 am

Holeinmywaders wrote:My lab is named Jax. I will tell you that I wish I hadn't named him that because Jax is a bit too close to the command "Back" when you are in the field running a blind. So if you send him on a marked bird and you call his name it will sound close to the Back command.

Just a heads up. I am sure all will be fine, I just personally regret it. It was a name forced on me by the rest of the family. :sad:

I am in the same boat. I named my dog "teal" and obviously is is extremely close to heal. But the trainer had told me it should not be a big problem. Time will tell.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum