Another Freebie

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Another Freebie

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:44 am

I think the stars are all aligned and working in my favor. You all know I was gifted a 10 foot pod. I was up in the Olympia area fishing with a buddy I served with overseas. I mentioned that I was looking for a small boat trailer for the pod. He walks me over to one corner of his property and shows me a small trailer in good condition and said it's yours. I have the title in the house. He just needed time to move some wood off the trailer, grease the axles, and check the lights. Then it would be ready for pick up.

I am heading back up there the first weekend in November to goose hunt, salmon fish, mushroom hunt, and hit the beach for some clamming. I will hook onto the trailer on Sunday and tow it home.

Now if I can just find someone who wants to get rid of a 250 to 400 lb anvil in good condition my freebie collecting will be over.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Re: Another Freebie

Postby AnonymousDuck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Congrats, that's some great luck, but even better, a fellow brother who did it. :thumbsup:
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Re: Another Freebie

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Timing is everything. His old jon boat fell apart after a couple of decades of use. He replaced it with a bigger boat and didn't need the trailer. I hit him with the random conversation point just as he had decided to either sell the trailer or take it to a metal salvage yard.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting