Enjoyable Morning

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Enjoyable Morning

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:29 am

Today I had the pleasure of hunting with Matt McManus. I have a few days off this week and had a spot in the canoe to fill so got in touch with Matt. We met for the first time this morning. He's as pleasant as he seems on here and we had a great time. The morning flight was real quick this morning and didn't last very long. I was hoping to show Matt a stellar morning but it wasn't to be, although we did have our chances (insert Matt's comments here). We each took a drake woody over the spread, and then I showed Matt how I jump shoot this spot. The jump shoot was packed with action but (insert MAtt's comments here)...............

Oh and Matt, that drake mallard you missed was taken by Capt Dave's party and it had a band, OUCH!

1024132.JPG

102413.JPG
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Enjoyable Morning

Postby Red Suited Iceman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:38 am

Beautiful birds guys!
Red Suited Iceman
hunter

Postby Joser06 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Nice, wood duck guys! Tough luck on that mallard though.
Joser06
hunter

Postby JTR » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Damn Bill way to rub it in the guys face. :lol: It's one thing to imagine that the bird that you missed could have had some jewelry... It really stings when you KNOW you missed a band. :oops:
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Great Job Guys,

I saw Captain Dave's post on the Bling!
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:15 pm

nice job guys..too bad about the band but hey, you both avoided the skunk and had a good time.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:30 pm

JTR wrote:Damn Bill way to rub it in the guys face. :lol: It's one thing to imagine that the bird that you missed could have had some jewelry... It really stings when you KNOW you missed a band. :oops:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
After spending 6 hours with Matt today, I know he can handle it. I know he will comment but had a commitment this afternoon and evening keeping him away from the computer.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Baymen Moe wrote:Today I had the pleasure of hunting with Matt McManus. I have a few days off this week and had a spot in the canoe to fill so got in touch with Matt. We met for the first time this morning. He's as pleasant as he seems on here and we had a great time. The morning flight was real quick this morning and didn't last very long. I was hoping to show Matt a stellar morning but it wasn't to be, although we did have our chances (insert Matt's comments here). We each took a drake woody over the spread, and then I showed Matt how I jump shoot this spot. The jump shoot was packed with action but (insert MAtt's comments here)...............

Oh and Matt, that drake mallard you missed was taken by Capt Dave's party and it had a band, OUCH!

Ouch, indeed! What a great day, though. Thanks again for letting me fill a spot in the canoe, as that was one helluva morning.

Great company, great shooting (well, at least a lot of shots fired…). Jump shooting was a new one on me, and I just wasn't prepared for a couple dozen ducks getting off the water like a covey of BIG quail! Total. Flock. Shooting. :oops: That first rise sneaking around the corner in a canoe was just awesome. Unfortunately, the second one was just as awesome, but I still had "duck fever!" I can still see all those ducks in my minds eye (and how safe they were from me yesterday). Cringe-worthy.

Next time? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: -time. :lol3:

And I'm glad Dave at least got one shot off - sounded pretty quiet over there otherwise. :wink: But they sure made that shot count!

Thanks again - absolutely stellar morning! :thumbsup:

Matt
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:45 pm

My pleasure Matt, nice having you along. :beer:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting