Whats a

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Whats a

Postby phutch30 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:05 pm

....duck look like. i havent even bought a federal stamp yet!
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: Whats a

Postby Force Fetch » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Few and far between. I have been killing the time till they get here by wing shooting yellow jackets with a can of bug spray. No stamp required.
The front expected the beginning of the week could change all that.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Much slower Oct. for me than normal. I've only hunted 1/2 as much as last year, but my duck totals are about 1/4 of where they were last year. But it'll all change after a weekend of limits and then on monday the birds will come down in decent numbers finally.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I haven't specifically gone duck hunting yet. Still have managed 3. Not bad considering I was antelope hunting and scouting elk at the times I got em!
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Deffinitly a slower October than last year, but last year we got that giant snow storm that really moved things early October....expecting good things with this weather...
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby shawdawg02 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:36 am

Our count is way up this year however I have had most of the month off so that may not be fair comparing it to last year. This last week has been slower with fewer birds moving around but we have still been able to hit limits most days. Can't wait for this weather and hopefully some honkers and green heads to move in!!
shawdawg02
hunter

Postby Leakydecoy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 am

I was working in the Great Falls to Shelby area the past week. Swans were starting to arrive on some of the potholes while we were there despite the southerly winds. It should be a pretty different deal by this Tuesday.
Leakydecoy
hunter

Postby MThuntr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:43 pm

oh man i'm itching to get some shooting in! Way too much open water here and they are inconsistent as to which pond they want to be at. I've had more than 5 hunts where nothing got near my setup. They finally started coming into our spot in the last few days with the weather. I even got some shooting in on a batch of woodies last night...all I could muster was a hen. I was so mad at myself for that.
MThuntr
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting