I Miss Shouldbeaguide

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

I Miss Shouldbeaguide

Postby duckshooter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:40 pm

I understand that I'm new to the forum and don't post very often (once to be exact) but I want to speak for the silent majority and say that I miss Shouldbeaguide. First off, because I know what the followup posts will say, no I was not Shouldbeaguide and I didn't know who he was. That being said, if you take him for what I believe he was, a satirical comedic genius, you can't help but love his posts. The guy talked about nicknaming members of his Crew after characters from the movie Point Break. C'mon, how do you come up with stuff like that. I was rolling on the floor for like 5 minutes after reading that. Steven Colbert had nothing on Shouldbeaguide. My life is just a little less humorous now without him.
For those of you who may have forgotten about some of his posts, some of his greatest hits are below:

"Trying to get some shirts made, like the old service station styles that had the patch with your name on the right side. We all are working on our field names for the name Patch. These should be pretty sweet! Mine is bodie after the dude on point break since I head up this crew!!" ... "Turd furgeson is the name on your shirt bud.
Mind your own business"

"If you noticed we had two carts of gear in the back and 4 guys in the cab. Really had no other place to put the birds. I see guys do it all the time chest pounder. We have no reason to show off, results speak louder than birds hanging on mirrors."

"Hey you ever see Rocky 4 and old apollo creed tried to take on Ivan drago?
Remember what drago said?? I must break you to the shucking and jiving creed..
Don't let that happen to you when a bunch of young guns are hunting in your area and you watch birds work them..
That is all"

"We would like to welcome anyone who wants to come by have a hot dog and a pepsi( most of us don't drink before hunting, we don't like it to affect our level of performance the next morning)." ... "I take it you wont be attending the meet and greet"

"Your constatnt wailing at birds made it difficult for a lot of us out there. Again, respect the sport and the other guys out there. You behaviour would have cost you your pro staff position and any chance at being a guide."

RIP Shouldbeaguide...you are missed.
duckshooter
hunter

Re: I Miss Shouldbeaguide

Postby Calikev » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:09 pm

How about growing up?

All the immature nonsense on this forum makes it stupid at times. I love a good laugh now and then but that kind of humor is beyond me I guess. Guys with alter ego's, alias names, etc. are just lame IMO.

So I don't miss the guy or any of that BS.

If folks want to play stupid games go to some kiddy chatroom or stay home and play video games. This is a hunting site with real people who have real lives. Some of us take it serious but have a good time and don't need to act like idiots to have a good time.

My two cents.....

Kevin
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby berdnird » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 pm

The fact that the guy had one or two funny posts doesn't negate the fact that he ruined every single thread on the forum. He was a cancer. Every thread he touched turned into shyt.
berdnird
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:29 pm

If his nonsense was the only way for you laugh throughout the day, it's time to get a life.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:31 pm

berdnird wrote:The fact that the guy had one or two funny posts doesn't negate the fact that he ruined every single thread on the forum. He was a cancer. Every thread he touched turned into shyt.

This. Glad you find talking down to other people humorous.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby finsnfeathershunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:34 pm

:lol3:
Last edited by finsnfeathershunter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finsnfeathershunter
hunter

Postby berdnird » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
berdnird wrote:The fact that the guy had one or two funny posts doesn't negate the fact that he ruined every single thread on the forum. He was a cancer. Every thread he touched turned into shyt.

I don't get it. :huh:
berdnird
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:41 pm

berdnird wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:

Haha oops not you berdnerd. I meant the op. :no:
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby berdnird » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:43 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
berdnird wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:

Haha oops not you berdnerd. I meant the op. :no:

Glad we cleared that up...turns out I'm not insane...or maybe just less insane
berdnird
hunter

Postby duckshooter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Calikev wrote:How about growing up?

All the immature nonsense on this forum makes it stupid at times. I love a good laugh now and then but that kind of humor is beyond me I guess. Guys with alter ego's, alias names, etc. are just lame IMO.

If folks want to play stupid games go to some kiddy chatroom or stay home and play video games. This is a hunting site with real people who have real lives. Some of us take it serious but have a good time and don't need to act like idiots to have a good time.

My two cents.....

Kevin

"How about growing up?" I guess you're talking to me

"If folks want to play stupid games go to some kiddy chatroom or stay home and play video games. This is a hunting site with real people who have real lives." Take it easy. This is an internet duck hunting chat site. It's not a think-tank with the goal of solving world hunger. If I wanted serious I would be sending business emails or making business calls right now. I come on here to get away from my serious life. I'm guessing that you, like me, don't hunt ducks to provide for your family (i apologize in advance if you do). We eat what we kill but at the end of the day a chicken from Costco is a heallofalot cheaper way to put food on the table. We hunt because it's fun and 3/4 of that fun is hanging out with friends, being social, bsing one another. His posts fit in with that ethos in my opinion. I know he pissed off a lot of guys with his crazy comments but that was the character he was playing and I think he made a lot of guys laugh.
duckshooter
hunter

Postby zkalinowski » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:27 pm

I'll admit that at times I found his banter funny, but there were several instances where he (or perhaps "it" is more fitting?) caused threads to be shut down that were a good resource to myself and others, and that, my friends, is taking it to far in my opinion. That's just my opinion, though, not that a man's opinion matters much these days.
All your spoonies are belong to us
zkalinowski
hunter

Postby duckshooter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:38 pm

And it wasn't just him. The responses his posts elicited were fantastic also:
marsh-mello wrote:
"Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen...my internet name is Shouldbeaguide, I, along with Warchild and Gleebie will be your instructors for today. Energy drinks are in the back and if you have any questions please hold onto them until the very exciting and impressionable bird hanging from the mirror section of our presentation is complete."
duckshooter
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 pm

I never saw the humor, and honestly found the b.s. to be disgraceful to real hardcore hunters and a sad display of forum abuse. I take this sport very serious and that kind of nonsense was a serious black eye for this site and the hunting image.kids with be kids and we have all seen stupid things at the refuges but there is no reason to get on here and make an already bad situation worse. I do not miss him or his posts at all.
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:32 pm

duckshooter wrote:And it wasn't just him. The responses his posts elicited were fantastic also:
marsh-mello wrote:
"Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen...my internet name is Shouldbeaguide, I, along with Warchild and Gleebie will be your instructors for today. Energy drinks are in the back and if you have any questions please hold onto them until the very exciting and impressionable bird hanging from the mirror section of our presentation is complete."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He He He!...Glad to have been of service. Even made me laugh again. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby OR-7 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:21 pm

You guys just don't get it. SBAG was good comedy. You take yourselves was too seriously :fingerpt: Lighten up :rolleyes:
I don't need no stinkin' CREW!!
OR-7
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Whenever I miss someone it's usually because I didn't give them enough lead.

:lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 pm

duckshooter wrote:I understand that I'm new to the forum and don't post very often (once to be exact) but I want to speak for the silent majority and say that I miss Shouldbeaguide. First off, because I know what the followup posts will say, no I was not Shouldbeaguide and I didn't know who he was. That being said, if you take him for what I believe he was, a satirical comedic genius, you can't help but love his posts. The guy talked about nicknaming members of his Crew after characters from the movie Point Break. C'mon, how do you come up with stuff like that. I was rolling on the floor for like 5 minutes after reading that. Steven Colbert had nothing on Shouldbeaguide. My life is just a little less humorous now without him.
For those of you who may have forgotten about some of his posts, some of his greatest hits are below:

"Trying to get some shirts made, like the old service station styles that had the patch with your name on the right side. We all are working on our field names for the name Patch. These should be pretty sweet! Mine is bodie after the dude on point break since I head up this crew!!" ... "Turd furgeson is the name on your shirt bud.
Mind your own business"

"If you noticed we had two carts of gear in the back and 4 guys in the cab. Really had no other place to put the birds. I see guys do it all the time chest pounder. We have no reason to show off, results speak louder than birds hanging on mirrors."

Don't let that happen to you when a bunch of young guns are hunting in your area and you watch birds work them..
That is all"

"We would like to welcome anyone who wants to come by have a hot dog and a pepsi( most of us don't drink before hunting, we don't like it to affect our level of performance the next morning)." ... "I take it you wont be attending the meet and greet"

"Your constatnt wailing at birds made it difficult for a lot of us out there. Again, respect the sport and the other guys out there. You behaviour would have cost you your pro staff position and any chance at being a guide."

There was a lot more to the "turd ferguson " one lol that was the name I wanted on my "crew " t-shirt. He gladly said he would make me one. still waiting on that damn shirt . Nothin but broken promises..... Why Sbag why????!!!
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby AJCsurf » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 am

sprigpig1 wrote:
duckshooter wrote:I understand that I'm new to the forum and don't post very often (once to be exact) but I want to speak for the silent majority and say that I miss Shouldbeaguide. First off, because I know what the followup posts will say, no I was not Shouldbeaguide and I didn't know who he was. That being said, if you take him for what I believe he was, a satirical comedic genius, you can't help but love his posts. The guy talked about nicknaming members of his Crew after characters from the movie Point Break. C'mon, how do you come up with stuff like that. I was rolling on the floor for like 5 minutes after reading that. Steven Colbert had nothing on Shouldbeaguide. My life is just a little less humorous now without him.

Mind your own business"

That is all"

There was a lot more to the "turd ferguson " one lol that was the name I wanted on my "crew " t-shirt. He gladly said he would make me one. still waiting on that damn shirt . Nothin but broken promises..... Why Sbag why????!!!

probably got too busy rolling donuts.

Does anyone know what that means yet? haha. Whenever he would say "rollling donuts bro" I just got this terrible image of chad belding in all black jocking himself (alone) in the parking lot of the lodge.
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:52 am

AJCsurf wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:

Mind your own business"

That is all"

probably got too busy rolling donuts.

Does anyone know what that means yet? haha. Whenever he would say "rollling donuts bro" I just got this terrible image of chad belding in all black jocking himself (alone) in the parking lot of the lodge.

Lol rolling donuts on green tops bro.....
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Calikev » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:55 am

duckshooter wrote:
Calikev wrote:How about growing up?

My two cents.....

Kevin

"How about growing up?" I guess you're talking to me

"If folks want to play stupid games go to some kiddy chatroom or stay home and play video games. This is a hunting site with real people who have real lives." Take it easy. This is an internet duck hunting chat site. It's not a think-tank with the goal of solving world hunger. If I wanted serious I would be sending business emails or making business calls right now. I come on here to get away from my serious life. I'm guessing that you, like me, don't hunt ducks to provide for your family (i apologize in advance if you do). We eat what we kill but at the end of the day a chicken from Costco is a heallofalot cheaper way to put food on the table. We hunt because it's fun and 3/4 of that fun is hanging out with friends, being social, bsing one another. His posts fit in with that ethos in my opinion. I know he pissed off a lot of guys with his crazy comments but that was the character he was playing and I think he made a lot of guys laugh.

Key words

"You" come on here to get away from serious life - Well I come on here to talk about waterfowling. All the childish games played here is stupid. Period. These folks need to grow up.

"It's fun"............. hunting is fun enough. Talking about it is just as fun. Playing games, using an alias and acting like an idiot is not my idea of fun. Fun is taking a kid hunting, laughing with your partners, hunting with your family, watching a retriever work on a bird................ we don't need to manufacture fun for this sport. It is enough and the net keeps us connected to that.

"He made people laugh"............. Who? You? He was a royal dumbarse if you ask me and whether you or anyone who thinks like you likes it or not, there are REAL people behind the keyboards. Pull this crap at a Check Station or a club house somewhere and see how many people are laughing. It is nonsense.

There are some funny people here. Slowshooter is one of them. That kind of humor is witty and he can get serious when the conversation warrants it. However, you don't see him playing childish games and creating an alias so he can make fun of people.

So that is what I mean by grow up.

All this crap about lightening up, have a little fun, etc. is just crap. Most of us can have plenty of laugh and fun here without acting like an idiot, hiding behind a keyboard and putting people down because we think it is funny.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:57 am

SBAG really knew how to represent the hunters in California huh...
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 am

Calikev :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby duckshooter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Duck hunters, we're a funny breed, man. Some of you guys remind me of the 40 year old guy who steps out on the flag football field and all of a sudden reverts back to his high school glory days, throwing forearm shivers and chop blocks. The serious guy who screams at his buddies wife for dropping a 5 yard touchdown pass and then gets in a fistfight with the ref over a blown call. All because they are serious gamers going after that championship tee shirt. But if we are only allowed to debate the merits of #3 vs. #2 shot, Benelli vs. Beretta, Final Approach vs. Tanglefree decoys, male vs. female dogs, labs vs. chessies then so be it. I would just like to point out that I commonly see thread views in the thousands but all the comments seem to come from the same 25 guys. You might get little more participation if you broadened your criteria for acceptable posts a little. Oh, and I like to shoot #3's out of a Benelli, over Final Approach decoys with a bitch black lab at my side.
duckshooter
hunter

Postby Shouldbeaguide » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 pm

You rang???

Jet skis and babes bros!!
Rolling donuts Kenny powers style already..
Everyone needs to back up off the cup while I take my taste!!
Good to be missed bros!!
Bodhisattva of the Wing Set Mulisha Crew

I think we are gonna have to pull your birds dudes..

Refuge regulators

Certified gigolo of waterfowl
Shouldbeaguide
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:02 pm

What up nikka? Thought you got banned bro?? Where is my turd ferguson crew t shirt??

You been rolling any doughnuts ? Eating chilli dogs and drinking Pepsi with the bros at grey lodge?

Toss me the ball bro I'm open...

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting