Any interested in hunting pymie.

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Any interested in hunting pymie.

Postby PA_Drake_Hunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm

I know it's a ways off but I'll be hunting pymie and surrounding areas November 27-30th. I'll be alone and if anyone wants to meet up pm me. I have decoys canoe and or 14' boat toget to islands on the main lake. Also if anyone would be interested in letting me in their group for an Erie hunt that would be appreciated. Never hunted there before and would like to try it.
PA_Drake_Hunter
hunter

Re: Any interested in hunting pymie.

Postby shanequack11 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:10 pm

id be willing to go with ya
shanequack11
Newb

Postby bassmaster624 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 pm

if iam off i'd be willing to go.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 am

Shane and Dale?

Oh man. Count me in. Just for laughs, it's worth it.

Maybe count me in Black Friday. I'll be honest, I'm going to watch the weather and that will determine what day I come up and if it dictates a swamp or lake hunt. If it's not prime on the lake, we'll hit a swamp and Dale and I will help out.

It's a shame, but with the crappy winters and my gas tab standing at around 70 bucls for a trip up, I've got to play it smart.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby PA_Drake_Hunter » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 am

I hear that Don, gas has been killing me lately. I've been traveling up there every other weekend for the last year. Hope we have good weather for birds.
PA_Drake_Hunter
hunter

Postby PA_Drake_Hunter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:13 pm

The time is near if anyone is interested me and my canoe will be hunting either hartstown swamps or pymie next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Let me know if your interested
PA_Drake_Hunter
hunter

Postby Spunky » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Hope you have better luck than I've been having up there.

Bring a book you'll need it. Unless this cold front brings some birds in you'll be sitting watching hardly anything flying. Now if you like mergansers that would be a different story, lots of them. If you were up there during the early part of the season and saw woodies and teal and a few big ducks. Remove the little ducks and you have an idea of what your going to see. Went up 3 times last week and never fired a shot , hunted on the lake 2 days and one in the swamp. When you drive past the spillway and only see 4 or 5 ducks you know it's bad.

Birds aren't concentrated yet. We need a big freeze to drive the locals off the small ponds and back waters.

I though last year was bad but this year is even worse :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: . You know it's bad when you see more deer than ducks.

The major migration hasn't even begun yet. Usually when I see lots of swans come through the ducks aren't to far behind. Only seen a few scattered flocks of swans come through and no ducks.

I must be a glutten for punishment, haven't missed a day yet this year but still enjoy it.
Spunky
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting