Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Postby chop123 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:24 pm

They are probably not worth the money,but i will say look at any of the waterfowling magazines and count how many benelli guns you see compared to other guns,and these are not advertisement for guns,and most waterfowl tv shows, benellis 2 to 1. i have owned an m1 and a m2 with comfort tech and i loved them both, sweet shooting machines.
chop123
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:54 pm

[quote="chop123"] look at any of the waterfowling magazines and count how many benelli guns you see compared to other guns,and these are not advertisement for guns,and most waterfowl tv shows, benellis 2 to 1quote]

FACT!! :thumbsup:

Look in the front of a MPW magazine and see what the featured guns are?? 5 benelli's 2 winchesters 2 berettas 2 brownings... is this a coincidence? i can keep going...
beaunelli
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 pm

beaunelli wrote:Look in the front of a MPW magazine and see what the featured guns are?? 5 benelli's 2 winchesters 2 berettas 2 brownings... is this a coincidence? i can keep going...

Look in any Benelli advertisement and see what the featured guns are!! Is this a coincidence??? :rolleyes:

(MPW puts out catalogs, not magazines. The contents of a catalog are advertisements; they are trying to sell you the product! Do not make the mistake of considering an ad as proof of anything....)

To the original question; the people who buy Benelli's think they are worth the money, obviously. The people who make a decision to NOT buy a Benelli think, also obviously, that they are not. You're not going to arrive at the definitive answer here.
mudpack
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Dumbas$s comes in all forms^^ do you even own a benelli? thanks for your input though :hammer: :no: :lol:
beaunelli
hunter

Postby MarkM » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:41 pm

beaunelli wrote:Dumbas$s comes in all forms^^ do you even own a benelli? thanks for your input though :hammer: :no: :lol:

I own a Benelli for the time being. Not leaving the gun safe until it's sold, just like the last one I had. They have yet to impress me with their guns. I would rather shoot a A5 or a A390 instead. Haven't had a "Benelli click" in them...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Flatire » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:03 am

They make a good gun if you like the auto loader and you will spend as much for any of the higher end autoloaders
put it on the table
Flatire
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 am

beaunelli wrote:Dumbas$s comes in all forms^^ do you even own a benelli? thanks for your input though :hammer: :no: :lol:

I own (and, have owned) several Benelli's and when compared to my Beretta A390/AL390's, they are not anywhere near the value of those gassers. Decades of useage on the sporting clays circuits attest to that "fact".
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 pm

beaunelli wrote:Dumbas$s comes in all forms^^ do you even own a benelli? thanks for your input though

Of course I don't own a Benelli (it's spelled with an upper case B, by the way). If I did, THEN you could rightfully call me a dumba$$.
mudpack
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Are Benellis worth the money, easy answer on this one ONLY to the guys that think they are. Buy one and find out ,don't take Joe Blows word for it.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Heck, buy two or three. Why not one for every day of the week? You can try em all at once and it will sound like a clock....click,click,click,click....... :yes:

Only a Dumba$$ would think that a gun is the best because it has more advertisments and it gives out more guns to test to sports writers than anybody else. :no:

Now they are fine guns for sure but try to use some real facts and logic before you start calling names.
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:25 pm

LOL this is fun :hammer:
beaunelli
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:35 pm

For ducks only, Ill put my old Winchester Super X Model 1 up against any Benelli any day. Its only a 23/4 gun but that's all you need for shooting ducks over decoys and its also killed its share of geese over decoys as well. True a gun that will shoot all 3 lengths of shells is great, but, Ive never felt the need for the longer shells. In this old mans opinion, buy the gun that fits and feels good to you, then whether its a Benelli , Winchester, Browning, Remington, etc it will be worth the money to YOU
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Let me guess: you are still several years away from being able to vote......?
mudpack
hunter

Postby cootlover » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:00 pm

I have had one click by my 1994 sbe I will take that any day over any other gun on planet earth :hi:
cootlover
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 pm

cootlover wrote:I have had one click by my 1994 sbe I will take that any day over any other gun on planet earth :hi:

And a few stovepipes too. At least it's an H&k though.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:47 pm

cootlover wrote:I have had one click by my 1994 sbe I will take that any day over any other gun on planet earth :hi:

Ive never had a Click on my Winchester Model 1 and its been used 39 years, or even the dreaded stove pipe or jam
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 pm

I really do like my Super Nova, but to be honest an 870 would kill ducks just as well.

One thing I've noticed, is that people who shoot Benellis reeeaaaaallly like to let people know they shoot Benelli's.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby BBK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 pm

What is this click everyone is talking about? The only click I have heard is the safety going off. My father has shot one since 01 ish and I'm on my first season now. Only misfire or "click" was when he checked his chamber once and didnt get the bolt closed and rotated all the way. Totally user error.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:23 pm

BBK wrote:What is this click everyone is talking about? The only click I have heard is the safety going off. My father has shot one since 01 ish and I'm on my first season now. Only misfire or "click" was when he checked his chamber once and didnt get the bolt closed and rotated all the way. Totally user error.

That's the "click", happens too if you you set your gun down on the buttstock a little hard when your in the blind.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby BBK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:29 pm

I do that every day, can distinctly hear the bolt move and rattle. Iv'e even dropped it on the butt from a chair and nothing happened. Maybe I have a good spring.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby Get the green » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Totally user error.

Yep, blame the gun then kick the dog.. :clapping:
Get the green
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:I really do like my Super Nova, but to be honest an 870 would kill ducks just as well.

One thing I've noticed, is that people who shoot Benellis reeeaaaaallly like to let people know they shoot Benelli's.

Ohhh soooo true! :grooving:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:25 pm

I wish Hi-Point made a 12ga!! It would be the BEST!! :yes:
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby surfrat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I currently shoot a SBE II. I shot a SBE I before that for about 10 years. Never had a real problem with either but have had a couple clicks from a bolt not closed all the way. Just tap it if you close the bolt by hand before you get ready to shoot and it will go bang every time. Bottom line is that I usually hit what I shoot at with the SBE's and often shoot the 1300 fps Kent 3.5 in ammo . I like the 3's or 2's for ducks and the BBB's for geese. It shoots great in the Benelli's . Recoil is not bad at all in the SBE II. Yes the Benelli's are worth the money to me. I would not trade my benelli's for any other duck gun made. I would not trade my 10 year old beat up SBE1 for a brand new anything made for that matter. I know that in the circleI hunt in they are respected. I have never had someone sit beside me in a duck blind and trash talk mine. I have seen several guys go buy one after shooting against them. I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago and told him that I was thinking about buying a new duck gun that wasnt a Benelli just because....His reply was a simple ...WHY?....He was right....SBE = Best duck gun ever made...Just ask a dead Duck.
surfrat
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Its been said before, but lets look at it like this. Ford Vs. Chevrolet. Me myself, im a chevy guy, the guys who are ride or die for either brand will tell you their brand of truck is worth it. There are the guys who have had bad experiances with another, will switch brands. Then there's the guys who simply haven't owned one, but will still talk the trash as if they had.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum