Super Vinci misfire

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Super Vinci misfire

Postby wingman71 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 pm

I have two year old SV is misfiring on the second round with Kent and Fiocchi, both 3.5" 1-9/16 load. wondering if the recoil spring is the problem and where to get a replacement.
wingman71
Newb

Re: Super Vinci misfire

Postby mawtrfowler » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 am

What do you mean by misfire? Hitting the primer and not detonating?
mawtrfowler
hunter

Postby wingman71 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 am

pull the trigger - "click"; the primer has a slight dimple. from reading on the SBEII "benelli click" issues, the inertia system can have issues if the hammer is not slammed forward, the solution for that gun was a stronger recoil spring. I am wondering if the SV has the same issue.
wingman71
Newb

Postby MSparks909 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 am

Make sure the bolt head is locked all the way forward. I had the "click" once as well and it was because the bolt head wasn't 100% forward.
MSparks909
hunter

Postby wingman71 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I have been checking that after I have discharged a round and not taking an immediate second shot, however it is always on the second shot, and often immediately following the discharge of a chambered round.
wingman71
Newb

Postby John Duck » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 pm

In my BE II Benelli click happens after the 3rd box of shells if you don't clean the gun.
John Duck
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

After reading all the articles on this forum, I thought Benellis were perfect. Now I find out other wise.
:lol:
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby mawtrfowler » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:17 am

Is it specifically these loads and is it occurring every single time? And have you taken the bolt assembly out and completely disabled and cleaned it? There could be built up gunk slowing down the firing pin

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
mawtrfowler
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:59 am

This isn't surprising news. My good hunting buddy has been shooting his SV for two seasons now. Towards the end of last season there were a couple instances when he got the infamous "click" on birds. We still make fun of him for the easy shots the SV cost him. To use another example, this season on opening day we had a flock come in right after shooting light. It was the first shots at birds of the season and the SV had gave him the be "Benelli Click" to begin the waterfowl season. :no:

If you were shooting a Benelli other than the Vinci series, I would be suggesting you upgrade the recoil spring to a 25% stronger spring. In my experience it has eliminated any issues related to the "click". However, I am not sure what to suggest for the Vinci's. Call Benelli? :huh:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 pm

njonesy_07 wrote:This isn't surprising news. My good hunting buddy has been shooting his SV for two seasons now. Towards the end of last season there were a couple instances when he got the infamous "click" on birds. We still make fun of him for the easy shots the SV cost him. To use another example, this season on opening day we had a flock come in right after shooting light. It was the first shots at birds of the season and the SV had gave him the be "Benelli Click" to begin the waterfowl season. :no:

If you were shooting a Benelli other than the Vinci series, I would be suggesting you upgrade the recoil spring to a 25% stronger spring. In my experience it has eliminated any issues related to the "click". However, I am not sure what to suggest for the Vinci's. Call Benelli? :huh:

All benellis will perform the click (im also pretty sure that any firearm with a rotating bolt can have the same issue). Now the click only happens if you bolt is not all the way shut. Usually guys are bad about slamming their guns down in the blind, usually hard enough you can hear the bolt open a bit....you will have the click. Now with that said as long as you are mindful of it you will probably never experience it. I have 3 SBE2 and have had the click once in 8 years and it was on a cripple bird, pretty sure I hit my gun at some point between getting in the tender and chasing the bird down.

O/P if you are seeing dimples on the shells then I can't believe the bolt isn't shut. If I purposely perform the click on my SBE2 I do not see any dent. I would try a handful of target loads and see if the gun performs fine or has the same issue. Make sure you clean the gun before testing ( I would also recommend cleaning the channels in the barrel that the bolt uses to rotate and see if you didn't just have a built up of powder that was prevent it from locking) and go from there. If it is having the issue only on the second shot I would recommend having benelli send you another recoil system.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:59 pm

wingman71 wrote:I have two year old SV is misfiring on the second round with Kent and Fiocchi, both 3.5" 1-9/16 load. wondering if the recoil spring is the problem and where to get a replacement.

The Fiocchi primer has a reputation for being hard to detonate and hard on firing pins. Have you checked yours?
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby mawtrfowler » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm

If a thorough cleaning doesn't take care of the problem then the only other thing i can think of would be the fire pin spring or firing pin itself. As Nelliboy said, if the bolt was out of battery then you probably wouldn't be getting any strike at all because the firing wouldnt be reaching the primer
mawtrfowler
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 pm

mawtrfowler wrote:If a thorough cleaning doesn't take care of the problem then the only other thing i can think of would be the fire pin spring or firing pin itself. As Nelliboy said, if the bolt was out of battery then you probably wouldn't be getting any strike at all because the firing wouldnt be reaching the primer

The firing pin is worth a check however I can't believe it's damaged if the first shell is going off. Firing pin spring is possible, however he may have power built up in the triggar assembly causing a problem. If that doesn't solve it if wouldn't hesitate to have benelli send me a new recoil spring.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:45 am

My 10 year old SBE has been doing that occasionally. LIke 1 time out of 50. Bolt head closes, gun is immaculate, etc. It was way worse and a hammer spring helped tremendously, but I am going to replact the firing pin and pin spring next. Love this gun too much to part with it! Any ideas, I'm all ears!
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:48 am

To fix your problem, sell the benelli and get a beretta :hammer:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:55 am

Never heard of an "A5 click" . Nuff said!
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm

wanapasaki wrote:To fix your problem, sell the benelli and get a beretta :hammer:

ha berettas are like bic lighters :thumbsup:
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Get the green » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 pm

wingman71 wrote:I have two year old SV is misfiring on the second round with Kent and Fiocchi, both 3.5" 1-9/16 load. wondering if the recoil spring is the problem and where to get a replacement.

I have had the same thing happen, and it was due to gunk from those God awful Federal loads. Clean it and give it 2-3 drops of oil, no more!
Get the green
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum