Who flies this flag?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:here ya go BDD2...I'm gonna be rockin out to this onda bayou thursday morning about 8 o'clock headed to da camp....

One of the best ever!! Pick up a flat rock and skim it across (insert local river's name here) for me, willya?

:lol3: no flat rocks here! :lol3:
I'll also be playin this:

What the hell is a hoodoo, anyhow? (you know, that thing his hound dog is chasin' down)
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am


Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Indaswamp wrote:hoodoo is similar to voodoo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_%28folk_magic%29

Perfect, man…perfect! I got no bayou up here but I'm headed out tomorrow to the salt marshes of Puget Sound, which may not inspire any kick-ass rock and roll, but the tides and the muck and the eelgrass and the sideways rain and the sprigs, widgies and greenheads is good enough for an old guy like me. Good shooting, friend!
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby ohioboy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:here ya go BDD2...I'm gonna be rockin out to this onda bayou thursday morning about 8 o'clock headed to da camp....

One of the best ever!! Pick up a flat rock and skim it across (insert local river's name here) for me, willya?

:lol3: no flat rocks here! :lol3:
I'll also be playin this:

can you skip a nutria? they still a big problem?
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby ohioboy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:hoodoo is similar to voodoo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_%28folk_magic%29

Perfect, man…perfect! I got no bayou up here but I'm headed out tomorrow to the salt marshes of Puget Sound, which may not inspire any kick-ass rock and roll, but the tides and the muck and the eelgrass and the sideways rain and the sprigs, widgies and greenheads is good enough for an old guy like me. Good shooting, friend!

grunge maybe?
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 pm

ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:hoodoo is similar to voodoo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_%28folk_magic%29

Perfect, man…perfect! I got no bayou up here but I'm headed out tomorrow to the salt marshes of Puget Sound, which may not inspire any kick-ass rock and roll, but the tides and the muck and the eelgrass and the sideways rain and the sprigs, widgies and greenheads is good enough for an old guy like me. Good shooting, friend!

grunge maybe?

Kurt Cobain grew up all depressed and angst driven not twenty miles from one of my favorite shoots……..
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:hoodoo is similar to voodoo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_%28folk_magic%29

Perfect, man…perfect! I got no bayou up here but I'm headed out tomorrow to the salt marshes of Puget Sound, which may not inspire any kick-ass rock and roll, but the tides and the muck and the eelgrass and the sideways rain and the sprigs, widgies and greenheads is good enough for an old guy like me. Good shooting, friend!

grunge maybe?

Kurt Cobain grew up all depressed and angst driven not twenty miles from one of my favorite shoots……..



notice how the disturbed ones write the best lyrics
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7336
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 pm

cartervj wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:hoodoo is similar to voodoo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_%28folk_magic%29

Perfect, man…perfect! I got no bayou up here but I'm headed out tomorrow to the salt marshes of Puget Sound, which may not inspire any kick-ass rock and roll, but the tides and the muck and the eelgrass and the sideways rain and the sprigs, widgies and greenheads is good enough for an old guy like me. Good shooting, friend!

grunge maybe?

Kurt Cobain grew up all depressed and angst driven not twenty miles from one of my favorite shoots……..



notice how the disturbed ones write the best lyrics

Yeah, I always figured I was just too well adjusted to make it as a writer. But being as how I'm getting more and more deranged by the minute, I'm holding out hope………..
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:06 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:hoodoo is similar to voodoo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_%28folk_magic%29

Perfect, man…perfect! I got no bayou up here but I'm headed out tomorrow to the salt marshes of Puget Sound, which may not inspire any kick-ass rock and roll, but the tides and the muck and the eelgrass and the sideways rain and the sprigs, widgies and greenheads is good enough for an old guy like me. Good shooting, friend!

here you go....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:07 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:here ya go BDD2...I'm gonna be rockin out to this onda bayou thursday morning about 8 o'clock headed to da camp....

One of the best ever!! Pick up a flat rock and skim it across (insert local river's name here) for me, willya?

:lol3: no flat rocks here! :lol3:
I'll also be playin this:

can you skip a nutria? they still a big problem?

I might be able to skip a mullet.... :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Got Sprig? :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:39 am

assateague wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:Sorry AT, I'm not going to keep playing your silly game. You thought a state could just walk and it's pretty clear that is not a given and probably not true. It was fun, I learned a lot. Mostly that you were wrong and now want to play this silly game.


What game have I played? I have maintained from the get-go that a state may leave. Period. You have gone all over the map (as I quoted you doing about 3 posts ago- if you would like, I'll do it again). If by "silly game" you mean "picking a stance and sticking to it", then yes, I suppose it is a silly game. If you would point out where my argument has changed ONE BIT, I will happily acknowledge it. And if you would like me to requote your ever-changing position on secession, I will be happy to do that, as well.


Supreme Court says no to the idea that a state can pack it's bags and remove itself. The Civil War itself proves that the Union will not allow a state to leave EVEN PRIOR to the SCOTUS ruling. It shouldn't take you too long to work out on paper that those critical stances by the court and the USA pretty much proves that a single state (or even a loose confederation) may not unilaterally leave the Union.

So, you are confusing wishes, with reality. A state may try to leave the Union - it can even say it left the Union... But it doesn't stop being part of the Union until the Union lets the state go its own way. And that isn't going to happen unless Congress votes for that secession to happen.

Maybe at some point folks will find that the Southern States just aren't worth keeping around... Then they can become the biscuit-eating, barbecue smoking Indonesia to our China. Basically a source of cheap labor, sex workers and whatever they can figure out to grow and sell without a government subsidy from the USA.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 am

The Supreme Court also said slavery was fine, women can't vote, and the Bill of Rights doesn't apply to states, only the fed. Using the SCOTUS as reasoning is lazy logic.

And saying "the Union won't let you go" hart qualifies as "you may not go". That guy in Silence of the Lambs wouldn't let the girl in the well go, either. But that doesn't mean she didn't have a right to go.


Honest question- if a state is not free to leave the union, what makes it any different than the former Soviet Union?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:48 pm

assateague wrote:The Supreme Court also said slavery was fine, women can't vote, and the Bill of Rights doesn't apply to states, only the fed. Using the SCOTUS as reasoning is lazy logic.


No, what is a lazy logic is confusing what "is" with what might "happen someday". You might as well say that as some point in the future gravity is going to turn off at 4:00 pm, during baseball season and since it's unprovable, it supports your argument.

I have the courts, the Executive branch, Congress and the most devastating war in US history war on my side of the argument. You have "...it could happen..." Brilliant. :lol3: :lol3:


And saying "the Union won't let you go" hart qualifies as "you may not go".



Haaa haaa! Wow. :lol3: :lol3:

That guy in Silence of the Lambs wouldn't let the girl in the well go, either. But that doesn't mean she didn't have a right to go.


Haaa haaa! Double wow. :lol3: :lol3: No state has the right to unilaterally leave. That's final. Don't confuse self determination with what you can do without repercussion. If you really believe that a state can leave, then start a secession movement in your state, clearly state to the USA that you are going to leave the Union. Then proceed to the line where your entire state gets stomped into the ground and we get all your women. Instead of the Marshall Plan you'll get the U.S. Marshall plan and become our very own Palestine.

Honest question- if a state is not free to leave the union, what makes it any different than the former Soviet Union?



Honest answer. Because the USA and former USSR are not equivalent. Either in location, structure, history, language, culture or anything other than the people there use oxygen and have to eat just like everyone else... Plus, Ukrainian women are hot.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:19 pm

slowshooter wrote:Honest answer. Because the USA and former USSR are not equivalent. Either in location, structure, history, language, culture or anything other than the people there use oxygen and have to eat just like everyone else... Plus, Ukrainian women are hot.


But seemingly they are equivalent in the authoritarian construct which created them, since you didn't include that in your list. At least according to your logic. :lol3: It's quite simple- if you believe a state cannot leave, then you believe that the US was founded on coercion and an authoritarian concept of central government. :hi: :hi: :hi:


Not sure how you square that view with reality, but whatever floats your boat, and helps you to not have to admit that you're wrong. :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey, I just found these letters from Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Although we have recently divorced ourselves from an overbearing government who did not represent us, I think it would be a grand idea to form a new government which would not allow any state to ever leave, and would keep them a part of the union by force, if necessary


James Madison wrote:I agree. It seems highly desirable to have a government of force rather than freedom, as we have just put to rest a conflict over that very thing. I'll see what I can do, and talk to Al- see what he thinks.


Alexander Hamilton wrote:As a proponent of a large, powerful central government, I couldn't agree more. There are some who feel that this country was founded on freedom and a belief in self-determination and the sovereign right of individual states, and we need to make sure that those now and forever after realize that this is not the case. States should be forever locked into this union, regardless of their grievances or treatment at the hands of that which we have set forth on the people. I'm busy cooking up the idea of a large, controlling Central Bank, so will have to get back to you gents later.


Later...

Alexander Hamilton wrote:While I admire the fact that you guys are getting rid of the Articles of Confederation, since they simply didn't go far enough to embolden the federal government, I'd like to see some of this "in perpetuity" stuff included in the new constitution. Let me know what you think.


James Madison wrote:I don't think we could get away with that. New York is already rumbling about being able to leave if they want, and I don't think we should push the issue. I think it would be better if we just said nothing about it, and let everyone assume that they can leave. But boy, you just wait until some state tries it.


Thomas Jefferson wrote:I think you'e on the right track. I'll pepper my writings for the next 20 years or so with references to revolution, maintaining a watchful eye on the federal government, and that sort of thing. That should give people the idea that they are in control, and not subservient to the central government, when the exact opposite is true. This should work out well for everybody.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Neat, I just found on by Robert E. Lee.

"UNCLE!!! UNCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!" :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Andy W » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 am

assateague wrote:Hey, I just found these letters from Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

:lol3: :lol3:
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby WTN10 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 am

slowshooter wrote:Haaa haaa! Double wow. :lol3: :lol3: No state has the right to unilaterally leave. That's final. Don't confuse self determination with what you can do without repercussion. If you really believe that a state can leave, then start a secession movement in your state, clearly state to the USA that you are going to leave the Union. Then proceed to the line where your entire state gets stomped into the ground and we get all your women. Instead of the Marshall Plan you'll get the U.S. Marshall plan and become our very own Palestine.


Pretty disgusting you'd celebrate the slaughter of innocent people simply because they don't want to associate with you, but I do appreciate your honesty, no matter how disgusting it is.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 14036
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:08 pm

WTN10 wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Haaa haaa! Double wow. :lol3: :lol3: No state has the right to unilaterally leave. That's final. Don't confuse self determination with what you can do without repercussion. If you really believe that a state can leave, then start a secession movement in your state, clearly state to the USA that you are going to leave the Union. Then proceed to the line where your entire state gets stomped into the ground and we get all your women. Instead of the Marshall Plan you'll get the U.S. Marshall plan and become our very own Palestine.


Pretty disgusting you'd celebrate the slaughter of innocent people simply because they don't want to associate with you, but I do appreciate your honesty, no matter how disgusting it is.


LOL! I don't remember talking about slaughtering women and kids. Besides, the USA won't kill Southern women, because we're going to need them to make more Northerners. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:08 pm

And he didn't say women and children, either.

Nice comprehension fail.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:36 pm

assateague wrote:And he didn't say women and children, either.

Nice comprehension fail.


So you are saying women and kids aren't people? Nice. That explains a lot though. :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby cartervj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm

slowshooter wrote:
assateague wrote:And he didn't say women and children, either.

Nice comprehension fail.


So you are saying women and kids aren't people? Nice. That explains a lot though. :loll: :lol3:


NJ-NY-parrots-2.jpg
NJ-NY-parrots-2.jpg (53.95 KiB) Viewed 222 times
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7336
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Parrots are the spirit guides of the right wing. Because original thought is verboten.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby cartervj » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 pm

at this pace you'll never be able to take those training wheels off :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7336
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests