Who flies this flag?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Shouldn't you be busy cutting and pasting something? :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 pm

slowshooter wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Haaa haaa! Double wow. :lol3: :lol3: No state has the right to unilaterally leave. That's final. Don't confuse self determination with what you can do without repercussion. If you really believe that a state can leave, then start a secession movement in your state, clearly state to the USA that you are going to leave the Union. Then proceed to the line where your entire state gets stomped into the ground and we get all your women. Instead of the Marshall Plan you'll get the U.S. Marshall plan and become our very own Palestine.

Pretty disgusting you'd celebrate the slaughter of innocent people simply because they don't want to associate with you, but I do appreciate your honesty, no matter how disgusting it is.

LOL! I don't remember talking about slaughtering women and kids. Besides, the USA won't kill Southern women, because we're going to need them to make more Northerners. :lol3:

Glad you embrace the idea that you're forcing people to associate with your at the barrel of a gun. Ironically, your political affiliation also supports gun control.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby shootfirst45 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 am

I fly this flag under the americn flag......
shootfirst45
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 am

However wrong the OP and others will think this may be, many just fly this flag to show southern pride, not to proclaim a favorable opinion of racism, ignorance, or hatred of our country.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 am

If I lived next to slow, I'd flight it just so he wouldn't bother me :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:08 pm

slow shooter wrote:Shouldn't you be busy cutting and pasting something? :lol3:

447909.png
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:23 pm

:lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 pm

cartervj wrote:

447909.png

:lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:32 pm

cartervj wrote:

447909.png

NICE!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm

To funny. I for one am glad that folks take pride in who they are and that their ancestors stood up to the government. It is every citizens duty to hold their government accountable. It is something we fail to do today. It is a huge part of why liberalism and it's destructive spread is occurring.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:49 pm

You should start a revolution tomorrow. Just go down to the local starbucks and I'm sure folks will throw their caramel macchiato with whip and a lemon slice to the floor, then stomp their pumpkin scones into the ground just to take up arms with you.

Also, standing up to your own government does not mean running away to start your own country. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:13 pm

slowshooter wrote: ....Also, standing up to your own government does not mean running away to start your own country. :lol3:

Who ran? They drew a line in the sand and gave it their all. Just like the colonies did to England. Main differences being the victors and the vanquished.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:30 pm

slowshooter wrote:Also, standing up to your own government does not mean running away to start your own country. :lol3:

What do they teach you about American history? :huh:

No wonder you all are so confused about the Tea Party movement. You couldn't figure out if it was a reference to Alice in Wonderland or a sex act. You had apparently never heard that our country was created by Americans running away and starting our own country.

FYI, not this

and definitely not this

But this

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Slow wouldn't understand his family was too busy being subjugated at home to understand or pay any attention to the American Revolution. At some point his family moved here because it was a better place. Now he wants to turn it into the schitt hole they originally came from. Kinda sad when you think about it.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:13 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Not to mention the north was largely the instigator leading up to the civil war...me thinks me remember something about the north changing trade laws with europe...ring a bell slow?

I think that's sort of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's popular amongst Southerners on here to argue that the Civil War wasn't fought over slavery, but it was........There were certainly a passle of other factors, but absent the slavery issue, I think it never happens

Absolutely correct. The South saw their economy (that was built and dependent upon slavery) threatened. Economics and religion are the usual reasons for war, and when it comes to the Civil War, slavery (the foundation of Southern economy) was THE economic driver behind everything.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

It may have been a driving factor for the economy, but that's different than it being THE reason. And I'm a born and raised MN boy. I guess it's more of a stereotype than rule that only southern folks think it wasn't started over slavery.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Everybody has heard the quote where Lincoln says the South could keep their slaves if they rejoined the union. If it was about slavery for the south, they could have gotten what they wanted. If it were about slavery for the north, why would Lincoln say this?

Did the north initially go to war to end slavery? :no:

Did the south initially go to war to prevent the abolition of slavery? :no:

So how is it accurate to say it was about slavery? :huh:

It's sort of like saying the war with Germany was to end genocide. The hatred of the Jews was integral to the rise of Hitler, so ...
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 pm

dudejcb wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Not to mention the north was largely the instigator leading up to the civil war...me thinks me remember something about the north changing trade laws with europe...ring a bell slow?

I think that's sort of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's popular amongst Southerners on here to argue that the Civil War wasn't fought over slavery, but it was........There were certainly a passle of other factors, but absent the slavery issue, I think it never happens

Absolutely correct. The South saw their economy (that was built and dependent upon slavery) threatened. Economics and religion are the usual reasons for war, and when it comes to the Civil War, slavery (the foundation of Southern economy) was THE economic driver behind everything.

Thank you Dude. :clapping:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Everybody has heard the quote where Lincoln says the South could keep their slaves if they rejoined the union. If it was about slavery for the south, they could have gotten what they wanted. If it were about slavery for the north, why would Lincoln say this?

It's sort of like saying the war with Germany was to end genocide. The hatred of the Jews was integral to the rise of Hitler, so ...

can i keep my healthcare plan.... :umm:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:50 am

ohioboy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:Everybody has heard the quote where Lincoln says the South could keep their slaves if they rejoined the union. If it was about slavery for the south, they could have gotten what they wanted. If it were about slavery for the north, why would Lincoln say this?

can i keep my healthcare plan.... :umm:

If Obama likes it :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:54 am

dudejcb wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Pretty damn accurate.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:39 am

Only a fool would think that fighting against a government that is stripping your rights makes you a traitor. Please stay in California where you can't enjoy the freedoms that the rest of us God Fearing American citizens do.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:32 pm

KaceyDucks wrote:Only a fool would think that fighting against a government that is stripping your rights makes you a traitor.

Some may even argue that it is a founding principle of what it means to be an American. :thumbsup:

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum