Finally broke the curse!

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Finally broke the curse!

Postby Wood Duck Hunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 pm

For our hole lifes, me and my dad have been cursed when it comes to diver ducks. We can only kill female divers. We could hit males but they'd always look dead and then out of the corner of our eyes they'd dive and never come up! But we get male and female pudlers. So me and my dad went out puddle duck and goose hunting this morning, andf then we look over and on the other side of the lake and they'res a white thing swimming on the other side of the lake so we looked through the binoculars and saw it was a male bufflehead with a female. We watch them for about five minutes and then went back to pudler hunting. About ten minutes later I see two ducks coming directly to us! Two seconds later they tried to land with our mallard decoys then as me and my dad are pulling up I realized it was the buffie! Me and my dad shot at the exacte same time at the male and he fell. Then we shot at the female but missed. Then the males head went up and me and my dad both put anouther round in him. He never moved again! Then an hour later a male canvas back went out in front of us but out of range! There the rarest duck here in Michigan but he never gave us a shot. We're going to mount the buffie flying. :beer:
Wood Duck Hunter
hunter

Re: Finally broke the curse!

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Now that you've broken that unlucky streak the drakes will probably come to die in droves. Enjoy!
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Re: Finally broke the curse!

Postby KyMike » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Congrats. Those divers are tanks. Well done.
KyMike
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting