Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck stew?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mauserfan 
#1 ·
I'm not a good cook. I'll pan fry a few duck breasts here and there if the meat is really light colored but for the most part I'm the king of taking duck meat and turning it into a tough piece of liver. :huh: For the most part I toss the fillets in a bag and have them ground into sausage. I'm fairly well stocked up on pepper sticks so I need a good easy recipe for a stew or something similar. Basically I need an easy recipe for all the spoonies and divers that end up in the misc. meat bag. Preferably a crock pot recipe so I don't have to keep an eye on it very much.

#3 ·
Grill it, you'll love it. I take my duck breast and wrap them in bacon, set aside, mix up 1 bottle of Italian salad dressing, 2 table spoons of A-1 2 tbl spoons wistshire sauce and mix, put duck breast in sauce and marinade 24 hours cook until almost done, you want the meat just a little pink on the inside. Cook Slooooooow I have done 2 grills full ( about 50 Breast ) and it all gets ate in one meal.

#4 ·
Stew- pan fry to brown the breasts and legs in bacon ( about 6 or more birds). Place meat with bacon in dutch oven with cut up Potatoes, Carrots, sliced onion, 1 can stewed tomatoes and 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Cook at 300 for about 3 hours or so. Test the legs and when meat is falling off you are ready. Also, cut breasts in about 3 strips prior to cooking. My family fights over the legs. May need to add more sauce while cooking if more birds. Seasonings are your choice. Good luck....mauser

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.