What brand ammo are you using?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Re: What brand ammo are you using?

Postby Hat Flats » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:13 pm

mysticwolf wrote:I have always used Federal ultra shock 3 1/2" 12 Ga. BUT, since they dont make it anymore, I cant use it, I tried different brands and found that they shot the best, but now I'm screwed, I cant even find the speed shock, so I am looking for another brand. Really dont like Remington, so what are you using?

I hear you Federal Ultra Shock is one of the best but I did a lot of pattern testing and found out that Remington Nitro Steel is Excellent even better than my Favorite Federal Ultra Shocks and Winchester Supremes pattern excellent to but I need to step up to a tighter choke to get the same pattern density, so when I run out of Feds I'm good to go! :yes:

Kurt
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby rainingmallards » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:23 am

I going to shoot the Hevimetal shells in #2's
rainingmallards
hunter

Postby hawglips » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:28 am

mysticwolf wrote:I have always used Federal ultra shock 3 1/2" 12 Ga. BUT, since they dont make it anymore, I cant use it, I tried different brands and found that they shot the best, but now I'm screwed, I cant even find the speed shock, so I am looking for another brand. Really dont like Remington, so what are you using?

You could always just make your own and not have to worry about who is not making what anymore.
hawglips
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:13 pm

I load and shoot primarily with TSS, otherwise it's just steel shot. Don't buy factory ammo of any kind even metallics except 22 Rim Fire. Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Get the green » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 pm

I have tried most and keep going back to winchesters. I will never let another Federal in my auto, the powder residue is like glue!
Get the green
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:25 pm

If I wasnt using my reloads, I would be shooting Kent 3" 1 1/4oz #1s or Kent 2 3/4" 1 1/8oz #2s.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Get the green wrote:I have tried most and keep going back to winchesters. I will never let another Federal in my auto, the powder residue is like glue!

I've noticed the complete opposite, this last weekend. i had to wash my barrel swab out inbetween. just so i could clean my 2nd barrel. Federals were never like that for me.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Get the green » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:21 am

DuckManClyde wrote:
Get the green wrote:I have tried most and keep going back to winchesters. I will never let another Federal in my auto, the powder residue is like glue!

I've noticed the complete opposite, this last weekend. i had to wash my barrel swab out inbetween. just so i could clean my 2nd barrel. Federals were never like that for me.

I shot Fed ultras in my Vinci last year and it wouldnt cycle after just a box because it was so gummed up. I went from cleaning twice a season to every night. I sold the last boxes of that case..
Get the green
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:35 am

Get the green wrote:
I shot Fed ultras in my Vinci last year and it wouldnt cycle after just a box because it was so gummed up. I went from cleaning twice a season to every night. I sold the last boxes of that case..

Sounds more like a cleaning/lubing issue. I've had snow goose hunts where i've shot 4 or more boxes of ultrashoks in a day and not needed much more than a shot of clp on the rails to keep my sx2 cycling. Or maybe its just another benelli issue! :grin:

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes