Something new

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Something new

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Thought this morning was going to be another cruddy shoot but ended up with this boy! My first Can! I was so excited I called my wife and she said "great, we are not mounting it". That ended my rush, so here I am posting to you all :hi: Shot in Colusa, CA over naturals.
Attachments
1385020_452964201489006_705908982_n.jpg
PetriDuck
hunter

Re: Something new

Postby Tyrtruion » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:21 pm

:clapping:
Delish as well... The 2 I got last year were the best tasting of my season
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Tyrtruion wrote::clapping:
Delish as well... The 2 I got last year were the best tasting of my season

Ive heard they are good, never had one. So It will be ate tonight... muahaha! :beer:
Any good suggestions?
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:45 pm

My first Can! I was so excited I called my wife and she said "great, we are not mounting it". That ended my rush

This is very depressing and de-masculating. No offense bud, but men deserve to have dead things in the house. Congrats on the Can and yes they are good eating if you get the marsh out of them. But they are even better on the wall.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:55 pm

sprigpig1 wrote:My first Can! I was so excited I called my wife and she said "great, we are not mounting it". That ended my rush

This is very depressing and de-masculating. No offense bud, but men deserve to have dead things in the house. Congrats on the Can and yes they are good eating if you get the marsh out of them. But they are even better on the wall.

Well, to her defense, I picked up a greenhead mount last weekend that was done and a few months before that, picked up a sprig. There is no wiener tucked in this guys legs :fingerpt: Money is tight and thats why she busted my balls about it lol :fingerhead:
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Great pic too by the way.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby sprigpig1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:01 pm

PetriDuck wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:My first Can! I was so excited I called my wife and she said "great, we are not mounting it". That ended my rush

Well, to her defense, I picked up a greenhead mount last weekend that was done and a few months before that, picked up a sprig. There is no wiener tucked in this guys legs :fingerpt: Money is tight and thats why she busted my balls about it lol :fingerhead:

Enough said bro... I have a buddy that has a wife that won't let him have dead things in the house so it always strikes a nerve with me when I read things like this. But obviously this isn't the case with you. Again, congrats on the can :thumbsup:

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby rodzilla » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Congrats! Cool pic too!
rodzilla
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I also got a ration of crap for my first one last year cause the topic was "love them red heads"
Needless to say I was schooled for a few days from these guys.
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:54 pm

HAHA you guys are too funny and thanks for the likes! Luckily my wife is used to mounts. When we were dating, i showed her my grandfathers house and the guy has a full room of mounts. Full mounted lion to elephant tusks, so a few birds is not a big deal :thumbsup
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Yeah my wife says same thing, by the time taxi is done with it she's over initial pissed offness. Start saving man cause thats a trophy.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:26 am

Congrats :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Limitsx10 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 pm

Great duck, congrats. I love Cans, I hunt Bay Area salt marshes and shoot a lot of them They are big birds taste great (for a wild duck) and this year we can shoot 2 a day. Can't wait for them to come down en masse
Limitsx10
hunter

Postby AJCsurf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Your guys' wives know about it BEFORE it goes to the taxidermist?!?!?! :lol3:
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby berdnird » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:26 pm

AJCsurf wrote:Your guys' wives know about it BEFORE it goes to the taxidermist?!?!?! :lol3:

Well played sir. We can tell who has been married the longest.

Her: "Is that a new mount?"

Me: "No, I had it in a box in the garage for a long time and just brought it in"
berdnird
hunter

Postby AJCsurf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:35 pm

berdnird wrote:
AJCsurf wrote:Your guys' wives know about it BEFORE it goes to the taxidermist?!?!?! :lol3:

Well played sir. We can tell who has been married the longest.

Her: "Is that a new mount?"

Me: "No, I had it in a box in the garage for a long time and just brought it in"

The good news is, I'm a fast learner. I've been married for about 15 months now. :thumbsup:
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Touche! :lol: :bow: :clapping:
I will learn some day
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby stew870 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

My son got one last year and already had two birds at the taxidermist so we had to eat it . Roasted the whole bird soooo good
The grass is greener where you water it .
stew870
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting